Translate

Diane & Wayne Mac Leod News Update

Diane and Wayne Mac Leod's October News Update
View this email in your browser

153 Atlantic Street, Sydney Mines, N.S. CANADA B1V 1Y5
email: fwayne@eastlink.ca  website: www.ltmp-homepage.blogspot.ca
 

Dear Friends

Thank you for your prayers over this past month. It has been a busy month but one that has been encouraging. I trust you are all well and encouraged. Let me share with you what has been happening this past month for your prayers and information.
 

This past month we saw the birth of our eighth grandchild, Darcy Nicole Kersten. She was born to our youngest daughter Christina. We have been richly blessed by this new addition to our family.

Medical News

As you know I have had a partially collapsed lung for about a year and a half. I had a series of tests on this and doctors have come to the conclusion that the lung is perfectly healthy. The reason for the collapse has been diagnosed as a paralysed diaphragm on the left side. An MRI of the neck was ordered to determine if the phrenic nerve was being compressed or obstructed (this nerve sends messages to the diaphragm). It was discovered that while their is degeneration in the neck from arthritis, there is no visible obstruction. This means that there is no known cause for the paralysis of the diaphragm and nothing further that can be done.

I have now committed this to the Lord and pray that if it is not His purpose to heal it, that He would teach me how to slow down. It does not cause any particular pain but I am more limited in how much physical work I take on. Thanks for  your prayers and concern about this.

I have been working seven days a week trying to get all my books up on CreateSpace. I feel that this is an important step in the ministry. Let me explain.

CreateSpace is a division of Amazon that does Print On Demand books. This means that if a person orders a single book they will print it and send it to that person. They print books in the USA, Europe and the UK so far. Because they have a much broader reach than I do, the potential to reach more people is much greater.

I have now handed all sales of physical books to Amazon CreateSpace. This means that they will do all this for me so I am able to focus on the free distribution to those who cannot afford the books.

Over the past couple of years I have been paying for a merchant account and online bookstore software license but have seen no sales at all in months. I have come to the conclusion that this is not a wise use of my finances. Because Amazon CreateSpace has now taken over sales of physical books I have closed down my bookstore and cancelled my merchant account.

By making all my books available online I am able to guarantee that these books will continue to be available around the world even when I can no longer print books myself. All the sales from these books goes back into the ministry.

I still have another 25 books to revise and prepare for CreateSpace so it will be a few months of work yet before this transition is completed.

 

I will continue to print books for free distribution. In some situations, however, I can also use CreateSpace. For example, if I am sending books to Europe it is more economical to have CreateSpace print them in Europe than to print them myself and ship them internationally. CreateSpace does not publish in some languages so I will need to continue to print these books. I can generally print books for the same price as CreateSpace.

I have been encouraged in my partnership with Alleluia Print Services and Maranatha Publishing Company in India. We have been working on a Tamil translation of a study on the temptation of Christ called Overcoming Temptation. This is nearing completion as I write and we hope to print 1,000 copies of this book in India for distribution. We will be able to print these books for US$1.19. I hope to get the funds to them shortly for this project. We are also talking now about working on a second book in the Tamil language.

I continue to wait on the completion of an Oriya translation on the Parable of the Lost Sheep and a Hindi translation of a commentary on Titus, Philemon and Hebrews.

 

By Our Fruit: A Study of the Fruit of the Spirit as Found in Galatians 5:22-23 has now been translated into Spanish in Cuba. It is available now on CreateSpace and will be added to my Spanish distribution list. The goal is eventually have this printed in Cuba for distribution there. My translators their have already selected that next book to translate.

I continue to be involved locally in Bible Study and preaching. I have been speaking now for three years in Blues Mills. We have been encouraged as we meet but we would like to see the Lord open the door for more people to attend. We want the people of His choice to be part of this small church so pray that He would put us in contact with the people He wants to be part of this work. We have about 15-20 people meeting regularly each Sunday.

We struggle on Cape Breton Island with a declining population. CBC news reports and that the total student enrollment in 1995 was 24,567. This year that had declined to 12,689 (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/cape-breton-victoria-school-board-targets-19-schools-for-closure-1.3202963). This has created a unique challenge for ministry especially in the rural parts of the island.

 

Thanks so much for your ongoing prayer and support. It has been a blessing to be part of the work that is going on here in Cape Breton and from here to reach out to the world with the truth of God's Word. Your prayers and support have been greatly appreciated.


God bless


F. Wayne Mac Leod

Copyright © 2015 Light To My Path Book Distribution, All rights reserved.
Monthly newsletter of Wayne and Diane Mac Leod.

Our mailing address is:
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street
Sydney Mines, NS B1V 1Y5
Canada

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp