Translate

November 2014





November News Update for Diane and Wayne Mac Leod
View this email in your browser

Dear Friends

The time has again come from me to update you on what has been happening in the ministry of Light To My Path Book Distribution. I am truly thankful to the Lord for this ministry and have been blessed to be part of it. Your prayers have been a vital part of this work and I am grateful to you for your support.
 

Speaking.

I have had a number of opportunities to teach and preach the Word of God this month.

Blues Mills
Each week I have been preaching in Blues Mills. It is hard to believe that I have been there now for about three years. While I am only there on the weekend, I have been trying to provide some basic pastoral care as well for this small group of believers. They have been a blessing to me over these past years and I am privileged to be part of their lives in a small way.

Goose Cove
Every Wednesday evening Diane and I travel down to Goose Cove about 40 minutes from Sydney Mines where we live. Diane plays the keyboard and I do a Bible study. Again it has been a real delight for me to be part of this group. I am scheduled to speak at our annual Christmas community dinner on December 7th.

North Sydney
 On Monday evenings I do a study with a group in North Sydney. This study group has been meeting now for a few months and we are growing together as we share around the Word of God.

First Congregational Church, Halifax
It was my privilege to speak this month at a Men's Breakfast and Anniversary Service at First Congregational Church in Halifax. They were celebrating 26 years of being together. It is always a pleasure for me to be with this group of enthusiastic believers and to fellowship with them.

 
The Lost Sheep, Swahili Edition
Thanks for your prayers for the work in Tanzania. This month I was able to send the funds necessary to print 1,000 copies of my commentary on Jesus' parable of the lost sheep. I appreciate the patience of my translator as he waited for the funds to come in. Pray that these books would be a blessing to Swahili speaking believers in Tanzania.

Next Translation Project
The next translation project I will be working on is the third volume of my Matthew, Mark and Luke commentary in the Urdu language. The first two volumes have already been translated and distributed. We now want to complete this final volume in the set. Having been to Pakistan, I have a better understanding of the need for Christian books. I count it an honour to be able to stand with my brothers and sisters in Christ through this project. Already, the Lord has begun to release the funds necessary for this project. Praise the Lord with me for this.
 
Our God Reigns, Burmese Edition
I was able this month to release the last Burmese translation of Our God Reigns, a practical look at the doctrine of the sovereignty of God. One thousand copies of this book were printed in Myanmar and they are currently being distributed. I was able to do a small printing here as well. Copies of these books will be going to PEI to a fellow missionary who works with some Burmese speaking believers.
 
Titus, Philemon and Hebrews, Hindi Edition
As I mentioned last month, my commentary on Titus, Philemon and Hebrews is currently in India being translated into Hindi. I have paid for the translation and printing of 1,000 copies of this for Hindi speaking believers. Pray for God's blessing on the translators as the work on this commentary. Pray also that it would be a blessing to Hindi speaking believers in North India.
 

Medical Update

A fair amount of time this month was taken up going for medical tests. I had an episode where my left arm when numb for four or five hours. This is being investigated and until they have been able to diagnose it, I am not to drive my car. This has been a challenge at times but the Lord seems to be providing means of transportation for me to the various meetings each week. Diane has been extra busy driving me whenever she can.

This month I have had an EKG, blood test, CT scan of the head, x-ray of the neck, ultrasound of the arteries in the neck, 48 hour holter monitor test, and a pulmonary function test. I'm scheduled for another CT scan of the lungs next week. All this has takes time out of my week so it would be good to find some answers. I'd appreciate your prayers for this.
 
Ongoing Requests
Requests continue to come in on a regular basis for books. The letters in this picture request 372 Bibles and books. It is not always easy to sort through the legitimate needs. I recently spent an afternoon examining email requests from Nigeria and discovered clear evidence of many of them being scams. This discovery alone will save the ministry thousands of dollars over the coming years. I thank the Lord for helping me discover this but ask that you pray that I would continue to have wisdom in who should receive copies of these books. I want to be wise in the use of the Lord's resources.

New Books

I have two books currently out for proof reading and I will print them and add them to my mailing list when they are ready. I continue to work on new material on a regular basis and have a number of studies on file that will eventually be prepared and shipped. I have not had as much time for writing as I have in the past. Some of this is because of the number of studies I am doing each week that require preparation and also because of the medical tests I have been having this past couple of months. Pray with me that I would have the right priorities.
 

Thank You

Thank you for your prayers. We value them very much. Thank the Lord with us for the speaking and preaching opportunities he has given. Pray that the Lord would give me strength and wisdom as I continue to move this ministry forward for His glory.

God bless

F. Wayne Mac Leod
Light To My Path Book Distribution
 

Share

Tweet

Forward

+1
Copyright © 2014 Light To My Path Book Distribution, All rights reserved.
Monthly newsletter of Wayne and Diane Mac Leod.

Our mailing address is:
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street
Sydney Mines, NS B1V 1Y5
Canada

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp