Translate

January 2015 Update





News Update of Diane and Wayne Mac Leod
View this email in your browser


Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street
Sydney Mines, NS
B1V 1Y5 CANADA

Ministry Website: www.ltmp.ca
Online Store: www.ltmp.ca/store

Dear Friends

It is with a heart full of thanksgiving to the Lord that I write this news update. I am thankful to the Lord for what He has done through the ministry of Light To My Path Book Distribution in 2014. I realise that there is so much more that could be done. Let me share with you, by means of praise to the Lord, what took place last year.

10,000 Translated Books Distributed

Last year the Lord provided funds to translate seven books. These books were translated into Hindi, Urdu, Burmese, Spanish, Swahili and Oriya. Over 5,000 copies of these books are now being distributed in Cuba, Myanmar, Pakistan, India and Tanzania. Some were also distributed in the United Arab Emirates. Another 4,548 books were sold in Korea last year. This means that through the translation ministry we have been able to make 10,000 Bible commentaries and studies available to Christian workers overseas. This is the work of the Lord.

700 Christian Workers Reached Through Weekly Distribution

Apart from the translation side of the ministry we are involved in a weekly distribution of books from my workshop here in Sydney Mines. We attempt to ship 15 packages of books each week or about 60 packages a month. Last year we shipped packages of books to about 700 Christian workers around the world. Postage for this distribution side of the ministry is by far the most expensive part of the work. It is, however, the only way to reach many of these individuals. I am grateful to the Lord for the provision and help necessary to reach these 700 Christian workers with Bible commentaries and studies for their personal encouragement and ministry support.

Increased Ebook Availability

I spent a considerable amount of time last year formatting and preparing books for distribution online. All my books are currently available for Kobo and Kindle ereaders. I am working hard to make them available on the Smashwords website also.

The complete Bible commentary series is available on CD and as a single self-extracting file downloadable to a Windows based computer. PDF versions of the books are being uploaded to the website with a free PDF Bible commentary offered each month.

These electronic versions of the books have been able to reach North Americans primarily. They appear to have limited usefulness overseas currently. This, however, will likely change in time. 

7 New Studies Released

The following new studies were completed and published in 2014:
  1. Overcoming Anxiety: A Devotional Look at Philippians 4:5-7
  2. East of Eden: Living in the Shadows of the Garden - A Study of Genesis 4:16
  3. By Way of the Red Sea: The Work of God in the Wilderness of Life- A Study of Exodus 13:18-19
  4. Philip the Evangelist: Lessons from the Ministry of Philip the Evangelist
  5. The Relenting Heart of God: Can Things Really Change?
  6. Vain Repetitions: An Examination of Jesus' Teaching about Empty Phrases in Prayer
  7. Perhaps She May Be Healed: A Christian Response To Those who Have Offended Up - A Study of Jeremiah 51:8

Speaking Opportunities Overseas and Local

In 2014 I was able to travel to Myanmar to speak at a conference of 120 Christian workers and students. I taught on the book of Hosea. The Lord provided the funds necessary for the air travel, accommodations, as well as the food and travel needs to get 120 people to the event over the three days. I also had the privilege of teaching at the Berean Evengelical Seminary of Theology in Yangon.

Apart from this overseas opportunity, I was involved in weekly Bible studies in Goose Cove and North Sydney as well as weekly speaking each Sunday in Blues Mills, Cape Breton. 

Health

I spent a significant amount of time in medical testing in 2014 due to the discovery of a partially collapsed lung. Tests have revealed that this is the result of a paralyzed left diaphragm. We will be doing further tests this year to discover the cause of this paralysis.

This has slowed me down somewhat but I am still able to continue with the work the Lord has given.
I am thankful to the Lord for the ministry He has given me. Through the ministry of Light To My Path Book Distribution we have been able to reach thousands of believers both here in Cape Breton and around the world with the Word of God. It is my prayer that the Lord would use this material for His glory in the life is each person who receives a book. I give God the thanks for the strength, prayers, and funding necessary to do this and look forward to what He has in store for 2015.

God bless,

F. Wayne Mac Leod
Light to My Path Book Distribution
Share

Tweet

Forward
Copyright © 2015 Light To My Path Book Distribution, All rights reserved.
Monthly newsletter of Wayne and Diane Mac Leod.

Our mailing address is:
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street
Sydney Mines, NS B1V 1Y5
Canada

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp