Translate

October 2014





October 2014 News Update
View this email in your browser


DEAR FRIENDS:
I find that it is helpful to take the time each month to evaluate what has been happening. This monthly update gives me a good opportunity to do just that. Thank you for taking the time to read and to pray for the various ministry opportunities the Lord has been putting before us.

 
PERSONAL HEALTH
A number of people have been praying about the problem I have been having with my lung. I have been referred to a respirologist who is examining my case. He put me on an inhaler and two weeks of prednisone. Neither of these seemed to help. I will have another CT scan on November 28 and then see the respirologist again on December 8.
 
I generally do not have problem breathing, no coughing or weezing. The problem manifests itself when I try to do anything that requires some exertion. I quickly get out of breath and grow tired. For now I am simply pacing myself, moving more slowly up stairs and carrying less weight.
 
TRANSLATIONS
Here is a report on what has been happening with the translation side of the ministry.

Hindi: Titus, Philemon and Hebrews:
Funds have now been sent to India to translate and print 1,000 copies of my commentary on Titus, Philemon and Hebrews.


Swahili: The Lost Sheep: 
The Swahili translation of my commentary on Jesus' parable of the lost sheep has been completed. I am hoping to send the finances to print 1,000 copies of this in Tanzania within the next few weeks.

Urdu: Matthew, Mark and Luke (volume 3):
 
I am now seeking the Lord for the provision necessary to complete the third volume of Matthew, Mark and Luke in Urdu. This will be my next priority project.
DISTRIBUTION AND PARTNERSHIPS
 
India
This month another mission organization contacted me about getting books to West Bangalore, India for a conference event they were doing. It was a blessing to be able to contact my translator/distributor in New Delhi and have him ship about 300 Hindi books out for this event.
 
Colombia
I was also able to supply Spanish books for a team from yet another mission traveling to Colombia. These books will be taken to Colombia by these individuals and distributed to leaders they will be working with there.
 
It is a privilege to partner with other organizations in the distributing of these books.
 
DISCERNMENT
 
In the work of translating and distributing, there is a real need for discernment and wisdom. I have had numerous email requests from Nigeria with names of people supposedly seeking books. Sometimes I find these books on the internet being sold. There are those want the books not for spiritual encouragement and growth but for what they can get by selling them on the internet.
 
I received an envelope this month from Nigeria with seven individual letters in it. Five of those handwritten letters listed 138 names of people requesting material. The other two letters requested a total of149 Bibles. I had another email from Nigeria the next day asking for 73 more Bibles.
 
With so many scams coming out of Nigeria it is often difficult to know whether these requests are legitimate. I need wisdom and discernment to know how to verify requests such as this.
 
ELECTRONIC BOOKS
 
In the past couple of years I have put a special effort into getting my books formatted and available in ebook format. There appears to be a growing opportunity for this type of material.
CD Library
 
This month I was in touch with a missionary from Kenya who was requesting information about ebooks for the church organization he was working with. As a result, I was able to put the entire Bible commentary series on a CD in PDF format. This would be an excellent resource for Bible schools overseas with computer access. I have also made this CD available on my online bookstore. Visit www.ltmp.ca/store
Emailing PDF to Malaysia
A young lady from Malaysia was in touch with me to find out how she could get copies of my books. Somehow she had read my commentary on the Gospel of John and was looking for more. She was interested in receiving the books in electronic format so I have been emailing them to her one or two at a time.
 
Other Electronic Avenues
While a CD is helpful for those who have computers with CD drives, many people are using tablets or smart phones for their books. I have been seeking the Lord about how to expand the opportunities to get material out in formats that would work for these people. I can put an entire library on a USB memory stick. This would be useful for those who don't have their own computer but have access to a computer. I could also provide books in a format that works on a smartphone or tablet so that those who have either one of these can have a complete Bible commentary set.
 
I would certainly appreciate your prayers as I seek the Lord's guidance in these matters.
 
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT
 
Each week I have opportunity to share the Word of God in three local groups. Please pray with me that the Lord would bless these study times.
 
On November 16 I have been asked to speak at an anniversary service of a supporting church. This is a tremendous honour. I would appreciate prayers that the Lord would give me the right message and that He would use the message to bless and encourage these faithful servants.
 
 
THANK YOU
The Lord has been opening doors for translation and the distribution of printed books and ebooks as a result of your prayers. Pray with me that I would have wisdom and discernment as I seek to filter out those requesting material for spiritual growth from those who are simply wanting to sell it for money. Pray also that I would know the Lord's leading in regards to how to tap into the growing opportunity for ebooks . Thank you so much for your prayers.
 
F. Wayne Mac Leod
 
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street,
Sydney Mines, NS CANADA B1V 1Y5
 
----------
 
Ministry Site: http://www.ltmp.ca
Bookstore: http://www.ltmp.ca/store
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2014 Light To My Path Book Distribution, All rights reserved.
Monthly newsletter of Wayne and Diane Mac Leod.

Our mailing address is:
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street
Sydney Mines, NS B1V 1Y5
Canada

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp