Translate

September 2014






August 2014 News Update for Diane and Wayne Mac Leod
View this email in your browser


DEAR FRIENDS:

As always we would like to thank you for your encouragement and support. Here is what has has been happening this past month.


Personal Health

A number of people have been asking about the issue I have been experiencing with my lung. I had a bronchoscopy this month to see if they could determine the cause of the partial collapse of my left lung. Reports indicate that there are no tumors, blockages or indication of any virus,bacteria, or fungus or irritation of any kind. To all appearances the lung is quite healthy.
 
CT scans and chest x-rays, however, indicate that the lung remains partially collapsed. Pulmonary function tests reveal a loss of about 35% of my total lung volume as compared to similar tests done in 2011. I see my respirologist the end of this month to see where we go from here.
 
Ministry Update
The work of Light to My Path Book Distribution continues to move forward. For a couple of months the translation side of the ministry seemed to be meeting with a variety of obstacles but the Lord has broken through these now and we are again seeing some progress.
Two Spanish Projects Completed
This month I received the completed translation of my commentary on Matthew, Mark and Luke (volume 2). I have printed some initial copies and have begun to distribute them to my Spanish contacts.
 
I was also able to send the funds necessary to print 1,000 copies of the Spanish translation of a study on the assurance of salvation for Cuba. I'm expecting that this will be completed and distributed in the coming months.
New Hindi Translation for India Underway
I was also able to send funds to India this month for the translation of my commentary on Titus, Philemon and Hebrews into Hindi. We will print 1,000 copies of this in India for distribution.
 
Swahili Translation of The Lost Sheep
My commentary on Jesus' parable of the lost sheep has been translated into Swahili for some time now. The time has come for us to print it and make it available to Swahili speakers in Tanzania. I am hoping to send funds to my translator/distributor for this in the coming weeks.
A Seventh Grandchild
One of the special blessings of this month was the birth of Benjamin Joseph, or seventh grandchild. He was born prematurely so his lungs are not as developed as they should be yet so he is under constant observation. We would appreciate your prayers for his development.
Weekly Distribution
Each week we try to ship twenty packages of books. Even at this rate, however, it will take over two and a half years to get through my mailing list. More people are emailing and writing each week with requests for books.
 
It can be a bit overwhelming to look at the number of people crying out for Bible study material. I realize that I can only do so much to meet this need. I am encouraged, however, to see that there are so many people seeking to grow in their understanding of the Word of God.
 
While we are distributing books from my shop in Sydney Mines, translators and distributors in India, Pakistan, Cuba, Korea, Myanmar and Tanzania are also at work. My translator in Pakistan emailed me this week to say that he had shipped Urdu books to the U.A.E. This is a new country for us and I am very happy to see my books going into this country from Pakistan.
Local Bible Studies and Speaking
Here in Cape Breton, the Lord has also opened doors for sharing His Word. I have the tremendous privilege of speaking each Sunday in Blues Mills and a weekly Wednesday night Bible study in Goose Cove. I have also been asked to do a weekly Bible study in North Sydney. I would appreciate your prayers for these three weekly speaking engagements.
 
Ebooks
Opportunities have also come to make the Word of God available to believers around the world over the internet. I had an email from Malaysia this month from a young man whose girlfriend had somehow received a copy of my commentary on John. He was wanting to know where he could get more books. I was happy to send him an ebook and point him to my website where he could get a new ebook each month.
 
Each month I have been offering a free copy of one of my ebooks in PDF format. These are available at the online bookstore at www.ltmp.ca/store. A certain number of people have been taking advantage of this.
 
I have spent a significant amount of time formatting books in Kindle, Kobo and Smashwords formats over the past year. I pray that the Lord will lead the right people to these commentaries and Bible studies at the right time.
 
Pray that as the Word of God goes out through these various channels, the Spirit of God would be pleased to bless His Word and use it to draw many closer to Himself.
 
Writing Projects
Two new studies have gone out for proof reading. The first is a study from Jeremiah called,Perhaps She May Be Healed, dealing the attitude God expected of His people toward her enemy. This is going through final proof reading now.The second is a study on Jesus' teaching about "empty phrases" in prayer. This is going through first proof reading.
 
While I have a list of studies I would like to do, I am seeking the Lord for my next writing project.
 
Thank You
I am grateful to the Lord for the privilege of sharing His Word with so many people. I am thankful for those He has given to partner with me in this endeavour. Would you pray with me that as the teaching of God's Word goes out it would strengthen, encourage and comfort these who receive it. Pray that the Spirit of God would be pleased to use what He has put on our heart to do.
 
God bless,
 
F. Wayne Mac Leod
 
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street,
Sydney Mines, NS CANADA B1V 1Y5
 
----------
 
Ministry Site: http://www.ltmp.ca
Bookstore: http://www.ltmp.ca/store

Share

Tweet

Forward
Copyright © 2014 Light To My Path Book Distribution, All rights reserved.
Monthly newsletter of Wayne and Diane Mac Leod.

Our mailing address is:
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street
Sydney Mines, NS B1V 1Y5
Canada

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp