Translate

August 2014





August 2014 News Update for Diane and Wayne Mac Leod
View this email in your browser


DEAR FRIENDS:

Thank you for your prayers and ongoing support over this past month. I continue to be encouraged in the work of writing and distribution. This has been a month of waiting on the Lord for a number of projects.


TRANSLATIONS

Burmese (1, 2 Thessalonians and 1,2 Timothy)

While I was in Myanmar my translators informed me that they were working on the Burmese edition of my commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy. There are a number of other priorities at the moment but I am looking forward to having 1,500 copies of this translation printed and distributed in the coming months. We would like to provide Burmese speaking believers with an entire New Testament commentary set in their own language.
Spanish (How Can I Be Sure?)
How Can I Be Sure? a study of the assurance of salvation, has been translated into Spanish and we are hoping to have it printed and distributed in Cuba. I will send the money for this project as soon as I have the price. Pray that the book will be a blessing to Spanish speaking believers in both Cuba and other Spanish speaking countries. The ebook edition of this book is available at:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/461111
Spanish (Matthew, Mark and Luke (volume 2)
Another translator in Cuba has been working on the translation of my commentary on Matthew, Mark and Luke ( volume 2). This was originally scheduled for completion in June but I am hoping to receive a copy before the end of the month. I will print this book myself and add it to my Spanish distribution list.
 
Tamil "Overcoming Temptation"
I have been working with a Tamil translator for a number of months now. He has completed the translation of my Bible Study Overcoming Temptation, a study of the temptation of Christ. I am waiting now for a copy of the manuscript and a price quote to print one thousand copies of this book in India.
 
I have been asking the Lord to open the door for these projects to be completed. We are hoping to reach over 4,000 people with these books.
 

WRITING:


I was able to release a study called By Way of the Red Sea this month. This is a 46 page study of Exodus 13:18-19 dealing with the work of God in the lives of the people of Israel as they made their way from Egypt to the Red Sea. It is now available in ebook and printed format. The ebook edition of this study is available at:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/466629



For the next month or so I have made my commentary on Joshua, Judges and Ruth available in PDF format for free download at the online bookstore.


Click here to download a free copy of this commentary.
 
 
HEALTH
Thanks for your prayers in regards to the problem I have been having with my lung. I had an appointment with a respirologist this month and he has scheduled me for a bronchoscopy on August 28. We are hoping that when he looks inside the lung he will be able to see any problem that may be causing it to collapse.
 
WORK IN BLUES MILLS
 
I have been richly blessed to minister in Blues Mills each week. I have also been trying to do what I can to help with some of the pastoral needs that come up. The church has been very understanding of the fact that I am working full time in book writing and distribution. I do need wisdom in the use of my time as there is always more I could do for them.
 
Thanks again for your prayers. I would personally like to see the completion of the above-mentioned translation projects that have been held up over the past few months. I am trusting that the Lord will open these doors in His time.
 
God bless,
 
F. Wayne Mac Leod
 
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street,
Sydney Mines, NS CANADA B1V 1Y5
 
----------
 
Ministry Site: http://www.ltmp.ca
Blackberry Channel: bbmc:C003C1D73

Share

Tweet

Forward
Copyright © 2014 Light To My Path Book Distribution, All rights reserved.
Monthly newsletter of Wayne and Diane Mac Leod.

Our mailing address is:
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street
Sydney Mines, NS B1V 1Y5
Canada

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp