Translate

July 2014 News Update

 
 
 
From: F. Wayne Mac Leod
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:32 PM
To: fwayne@eastlink.ca
Reply To: F. Wayne Mac Leod
Subject: Evernote: July 2014 News Update
 
 
 

Dear Friends:

The main focus of this month was my trip to Myanmar. I would like to express my gratitude to all who prayed for me during that time. The Lord's presence was obvious and I was happy to have had the opportunity to get to know my co-workers there.
 

Myanmar Speaking Engagements

 
 
While in Myanmar I was able to do a three day Bible Conference for 140 students and Christian worker. We provided meals for all who attended and helped them with transportation to and from the event. The Lord blessed and I believe many were encouraged by the 12 hours of expository Bible teaching. Each of the participants received copies of all four of the books we have translated into Burmese before they left. They were very happy to receive these books.
 
The conference was organized by the Berean Evangelical School of Theology (BEST) in Yangon. BEST is located outside of Yagon on a 5 acre property. It offers a three year Master of Divinity programme. Currently it has 16 students who are required to raise $25 a month for their tuition (this is a test of faith for each of these students). Teaching is done by five well trained professors. All teaching is done in English so students can take advantage of the 5,000 - 6,000 books currently available in the library. Visit their website at http://bestseminary.asia/blog/ The president of the school (my host and translation coordinator) tells me that about 80% of Christian workers in Myanmar are untrained.
 
I had the privilege to teach four sessions at the seminary on the Friday I was there and preach on two Sundays at the Seminary worship service. Overall I spoke 18 times in eight days.
 
It was good to have time with my co-workers in this country. They are now working on the translation of our fifth book in the Burmese language, a commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy.
 


New Study Available

 


Since coming home, I have been able to get my next study completed. I am printing copies this week and the book has been added to my distribution list. The Relenting Heart of God, is a simple study of a number of Scripture verses that speak about God relenting. I have been encouraged as I prepared this study. It will be available in print form and ebook. Check www.ltmp.ca/store for availability and more details.
 

Next Translation

 

 
My book How Can I Be Sure?, has been translated into Spanish in Cuba. The goal is to print 1,000 copies of this in Cuba. I will also print copies here in Canada for distribution to my Spanish speaking contact list. I am hoping to send the funds to have this printed shortly. Please pray with me that we would be able to complete this project in the near future and that it would be a blessing to Spanish speaking believers.
 

Lung

We are still trying to find a solution to the problem with my partially collapsed lung. I had a more complete pulmonary function test before I left for Myanmar. After the results were in the doctor ordered another CT scan to rule out a blood clot. I await the results. I would like to be able to get to the bottom of this medical issue. Pray that the Lord would give the doctor wisdom as he seeks to understand what is going on.
 

Thank You

Thank you once again for your prayers and gifts that make this ministry possible. I am getting back into a routine again after returning from Myanmar. I look forward to the opportunities the Lord will bring in the coming months. Pray that I will be faithful.
 
God bless,
 
F. Wayne Mac Leod
 
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street,
Sydney Mines, NS CANADA B1V 1Y5
 

 
Ministry Site: http://www.ltmp.ca
Blackberry Channel: bbmc:C003C1D73




 
This email was sent to fwayne1.monthlyupdate@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Light To My Path Book Distribution · 153 Atlantic Street · Sydney Mines, NS B1V 1Y5 · Canada

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp