Translate

February 2014

DEAR FRIENDS:
Thank you so much for your prayers and support over this past month. The Lord has opened a number of wonderful opportunities for the ministry of Light To My Path Book Distribution this year and for this we are truly thankful.

TRANSLATION PROJECTS:
We have three key projects nearing completion. 
  1. In January I sent funds to Pakistan for the translation and printing of 1,000 copies of the Urdu translation of Matthew, Mark and Luke (volume 2). Distribution of these books in now underway. 
  2. Also in January funds were sent to Myanmar for the translation and printing of 1,000 copies of "Our God Reigns, A Practical Look at the Doctrine of the Sovereignty of God" in the Burmese language. These books are going to print now.
  3. Just this week funds were sent to Tanzania for the printing of 1,200 copies of the Swahili translation of "Someone Else's Faith, Is the Faith You Profess Really Yours?" 
We will reach over 3,200 people in Pakistan, Myanmar and Tanzania in the coming months with these three books.

Three other books are being translated now and we trust will be ready for print and distribution in the coming months.
  1. "How Can I Be Sure? How To Be Sure of Your Salvation" is being translated in Spanish in Cuba. The plan is to print 1,000 copies of this in Cuba for distribution. 
  2. "Overcoming Temptation, How Jesus Overcame the Temptations of the Devil in Luke 4:1-13" is being  translated into Tamil. This is the first book to be translated into this language. This will be distributed in India.
  3. Matthew, Mark and Luke (volume 2) is being translated into Spanish in Cuba. This will be added to my Spanish mailing list and shipped to Spanish speaking contacts in a number of countries.
As most of those who receive copies of these books could never afford them, I am responsible for the complete cost of translation and printing books in these countries. I am often amazed to see how the Lord provides to make this possible.

KOREAN BOOKS
While sales of books in Korea was not what is was last year, the distributor in Korea tells me that they were able to sell over 11,000 commentaries in 2013. Royalties for the sale of these books amounted to about $5,800 and will be used to translated books for use in other countries. This is the only royalty I receive from books so I am very thankful to the publisher in Korea for their generosity and missionary heart. 

WRITING PROJECTS:
As books are being shipped and translated I am working on new material as the Lord leads. We were able to release the first study of this year in January. "Overcoming Anxiety, A Devotional Look at Philippians 4:5-7" is a study of Paul's teaching about the matter of anxiety. This has now been added to the weekly distribution list.

A second study entitled "East of Eden, Living in the Shadows of Paradise" is a study of Genesis 4:16. Diane has been doing the first proof reading of this study. After corrections are made it will go to second printing and then released. I'm hoping this will be available in the next couple of months.

I am working on a study now tentatively entitled "The Relenting of God" which is a look at a number of passages what speak about God relenting, regretting or as the KJV puts it "repenting." I'm still working my way through the initial stages of this study but it has been both a source of blessing and challenge. Pray that the Lord would give me wisdom as I work on this and guidance to make it practical and applicable to our everyday life.

UPCOMING MEETINGS
I continue to be involved in speaking each week in Blues Mills here in Nova Scotia. It has been a rich privilege for me to be part of this group. Pray that I would be a source of pastoral encouragement for the members of this small church and that our weekly times together would be a source of great blessing for all.

First Congregational Church in Halifax invited me to speak last week at a Man's Breakfast. What a privilege it was to speak to the men. The Lord moved among us and the men opened up in a very personal way and shared honestly with each other. I also had the privilege of speaking at their morning church service on  Sunday. I am thankful for the ministry of First Congregational church and their incredible support for this ministry over the years. Pray for them as they continue to seek the Lord's guidance in increasing their impact in Halifax and beyond.

In March I will be involved in two missions conferences. The first is in Wallace, NS. I will be sharing about the ministry and speaking in the Sunday Service. Pray that the Lord would give me the right message for this occasion.

Also in March I will represent Action International Ministries at the Jesus to the Nations conference in Halifax. In the past, this large missions conference has given me opportunity to contact and pray with a number of people seeking the will of the Lord. I would appreciate prayers that God would lead me to the right people and give me wisdom as I speak and pray with them about God's purpose for their lives.

THANK YOU
As always, let me conclude with a thank you to all who have taken the time to read this update. Thank you for your prayers and support which make this ministry possible. Pray with me for God's ongoing provision and open doors. Pray that I would be faithful to walk through each of the doors He opens and the discernment to know which doors He has not opened.

God bless

F. Wayne Mac Leod
Light To My Path Book Distribution

Ministry website: www.ltmp.ca
Online Bookstore: www.ltmp.ca/store