Translate

August 2012 Update

DIANE & WAYNE MAC LEOD
AUGUST 2012 UPDATE

DEAR FRIENDS:
The summer is rapidly coming to an end. We continue to work through the summer and have been thankful to the Lord for the opportunities He has given.

TRANSLATIONS UNDERWAY
Translation of material continues through the summer months. We are translating a two volume commentary set on Psalms in Hindi and a commentary on the book of Romans in Spanish

I just received a copy of the Urdu translation of my Revelation commentary. 1,000 copies of this will be distributed throughout Pakistan in the coming months.

I also received a typewritten Mbundu translation of my short book, The Parable of the Tiny Seed. Diane has now been able to get this on computer. As you can imagine, it is a bit difficult to type in a language you have never seen before. The pastor in Zambia who translated this for me, however, did not have access to a computer. We need wisdom to know how to proceed with the printing and distribution of this book. This pastor also wants to translate a commentary on the Epistles of John and Jude into the Mbundu and the Lozi languages.

KOREAN BIBLE COMMENTARY SERIES COMPLETED
The last volume of the Korean Bible Commentary series has now been completed. Over the last two years we have been able to translate and publish a 27 volume hard cover commentary set on the entire Bible in the Korean language. It has been a privilege working with these brothers and sisters in Seoul. I am trusting now that this commentary series would be an encouragement to those who read them over the coming years.

WRITING PROJECTS
I am working this month on a study in the book of Ephesians called, In Him: Our Spiritual Blessings in Christ. This study will look at 12 or 13 spiritual blessings we have in Christ as found in the first part of Ephesians. It has been a blessing for me these past few weeks.

Diane is proof reading a study on the fruit of the Spirit. This will go through a second reading before going to print.

BIBLE STUDIES AND PREACHING
Goose Cove is a small community about forty minutes from Sydney Mines. It is a small community located on the Cabot Trail. This has been the third year I have been involved with this group. We started with a study on the book of Revelation and have now been working our way through the Gospel of John. We have had great times in the Word of God.

Blues Mills is about an hour and twenty minutes away. I meet each week on Sunday with a small group of about fifteen believers. They are looking for a full time pastor/church planter. I have enjoyed my time with these people and have offered to be with them through this time of searching for a pastor.

ACTION CANADA RETREAT
Diane and I will be leaving on the 23rd for Calgary to attend ACTION Canada's missionary retreat. We hope to have two days off before returning home. We are planning to spend part of that time getting to know one of my proof readers who lives in Red Deer.

KOBO BOOKS
I have been working with Kobo to get my books published for use on Kobo eReaders. This is a new venture for me and with each new venture there is a bit of a learning curve. I see this as an opportunity to make the teaching of the Word of God available to many more people. This is a step of faith for me and I am trusting that as this material becomes available to a larger audience it would bear fruit.

PERSONAL HEALTH
I have been seeing a naturopath recently. I was experiencing fatigue, stomach upset, low grade headaches, memory loss, etc. My family doctor found nothing wrong. The naturopath has put me on a special diet and has been testing me for food allergies. He has discovered a number of food allergies and a parasite picked up in my travels. I have seen a slight improvement in some areas.

FAMILY
The biggest milestone for us this year is that Joshua, our oldest grandson will be starting school. He is counting the days until he begins.

MONTHLY EBOOK
This month I would like to offer a copy of my commentary on Titus, Philemon and Hebrews. This 274 page commentary is in PDF format and can be read on your computer with a PDF reader. I am trusting that the Lord will be pleased to use this in someone's life this month.

HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* For the translations that are underway in Urdu, Hindi and Spanish.
* For the completion of a 27 volume Korean commentary series.
* For Joshua, our oldest grandson, who begins school next month.

Prayer:
* For wisdom in how to print and distribute the Mbundu translation of The Parable of the Tiny Seed.
* For the Lord's provision and timing in the translation and printing of the study on The Lost Sheep in the Burmese language.
* For the ongoing improvement of my (Wayne) heath and stamina in the coming months.

THANK YOU
As always we want to express our gratitude to God for your prayers, support and encouragement. Thank you so much.

God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIG HT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network