Translate

April 2012

DEAR FRIENDS:
We trust that this news update finds you well. March was a busy and eventful month. Thank you for your interest and prayers. I am convinced that they have made a difference.

A DAY OF REST
After a few months of working 7 days a week, I have come to see the importance of setting apart a day each week to stop and rest. This is something I already knew but when the Lord put a weekend ministry opportunity before me, I did not immediately make provision for this rest. I found myself physically exhausted and unable to remember even the simplest things. I am trusting now that Mondays will give me the rest and refreshing I need.

TRANSLATIONS

I am thankful to the Lord for the ongoing work the translators are doing to get books ready for distribution in other languages. Here's a summary of what is going on this month.

Urdu
The Urdu translation of my study on Matthew 18:15-17 has now been completed. 1,000 copies of this are being printed in Pakistan and will be distributed in the coming months. This study examines Jesus' teaching about how to deal with church conflict.

Spanish
1,500 copies of the Spanish translation of my commentary on Thessalonians and Timothy are being printed in Cuba as I write. Our goal is to distribute these freely at a series of conferences to be held there in May.

Burmese
I just heard from the translator in Myanmar today that the Burmese translation of the study in Matthew 18:15-17 is now complete. I need to send him the money this week to have 1,000 copies printed.

Hindi
I am in communication with my translator/distributor in India about translating a 7th Bible commentary in Hindi. He tells me that he is not aware of a commentary on the book of Psalms in Hindi. What a privilege it is to provide pastors in that country with one such commentary. I hope to get this started in the coming weeks. When the translation is completed, we will print and distribute 1,000 copies in Northern India.

Korean
We have now completed 22 volumes in Korean. Translation is ongoing this month in Korea. I'm expecting that the entire Bible commentary series will be completed this year.

JESUS TO THE NATIONS (Halifax)

I was able to attend the Jesus to the Nations Missions Fest in Halifax in March. The highlight of this for me was the many opportunities I had to interact with people seeking to know God's will their lives whether that be at home or overseas. I considered it an honour to pray with an number of these people, asking God to make His purpose known.

It was a particular blessing to meet a Korean sister (who hardly spoke English). I offered her a Bible commentary on the book of Genesis in her own language. She was so thrilled with this that she came back the next day with a lunch for me as I sat at the booth.

CUBA TRIP IN MAY

My trip to Cuba is coming up in May. We are still waiting to hear about a religious visa. I am scheduled to be at 7 conferences in the two weeks I will be there. Some of these conferences will be one or two day events for pastors and Cuban missionaries. I am also scheduled to speak at some youth events and camps (3 days).

I am estimating that the time in Cuba will cost me about $7,000 for the two weeks. This includes the printing of books for distribution, food for 1,000-1,500 people, translator, transportation to the events and accommodations for the conference attendees. Remember that those who attend these events are making less than $1 a day and all this is required for their family needs. They would not be able to attend these events if I did not pay these expenses myself. I am thankful for the provision of God and privilege He has given to make this investment into their lives. I am trusting that this investment of time and money will strengthen and encourage all who attend.

For those interested in learning more about this trip, you can visit my Cuba 2012 blog at the following address:

http://ltmp-cuba12.blogspot.ca

WRITING PROJECT

I have been so encouraged to spend time writing on various passage of Scripture. Four more studies are ready to be revised and sent out for proof reading. This last two weeks I have been writing on Acts 2:42 considering the four principles to which the early church devoted themselves. I am trusting that this will be part of a larger study on Acts 2:42-47.

NEW CONTACTS

New contacts for free English books keep coming in. This past month I have received a good number of requests from Nigeria and Ghana. Recent news indicates that there is religious unrest in Nigeria. It is a privilege to be able to send material to parts of the world where my brothers and sisters are in need of encouragement and strength.

LOCAL MINISTRY

Blues Mills
Blues Mills is a small community about an hour and fifteen minutes from my home in Sydney Mines. I have been asked to help in a small church there. They will be looking for a full-time pastor. I try to commit Saturday and Sunday to this work.

Goose Cove
Wednesday evenings I am leading a Bible Study in this small rural community about 40 minutes away. The people who come to this study are from a variety of denominations but they all come to enjoy fellowship in song, and the Word of God. Diane also goes to Goose Cove each week to help with a childrens' club.

FAMILY

Christina, our youngest daughter, had a baby girl. Summer Nicole Kersten is now our fourth grandchild. Christina has been feeling quite tired this last while. Diane spent over a week with her just after Summer was born. She feels that she needs to spend more time with here this week to give Christina some more rest. She and her husband Norm now have three children.

I trust that we will be able to share with you about the birth of grandchild number 5 in our next update. David and Lindsay are expecting their first child in a few weeks.

THIS MONTH'S FREE EBOOK
As I write I am uploading this month's free eBook to my website. If My People ... God's Plan for Renewal and Healing of our Land, is a study of 2 Chronoicles 7:13,14. My desire is that these free eBooks will be a blessing to all who download them. You can obtain your free copy at the following address:

www.ltmp.ca/ebooks/free-download.htm

I would appreciate your prayers that these books would be a means of strengthening believers who download them.

HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* I am thankful for the translators who have completed the translation of If Your Brother Sins into Urdu and Burmese.

* We rejoice at the birth of Summer Nicole Kersten, our fourth grandchild.

* Praise the Lord for the way the Lord continues to open doors and provide for the opportunities he sets before me.

Prayer:

* I am trusting the Lord for a religious visa for ministry in Cuba next month. Pray also for the Lord's ongoing financial provision for these seven conference.

* For rest and refreshing each week so I can be focused and effective in ministry.

* For the printing of 1,000 copies of If Your Brother Sins (a study of Mt. 18:15-17) in Urdu for Pakistan and 1,000 copies in Burmese in Myanmar.

THANK YOU
Your prayers have been heard. Doors have opened. There are many more doors yet to be opened and I need your prayers for courage, stamina and faith to walk through them in the Lord's timing. Thank you so much for your vital role in this ministry.

God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA



Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network