Thank you for your prayers this month. We have been encouraged to see how the Lord has opened opportunities to get books to those who can really use them. Just recently I received the following letter from an evangelist in Ethiopia:
"I still have not enough words to express the incredible blessing and inspirations we received in the wonderful books from you. My heart is full of gratitude toward your ministry for inspiring and encouraging me so much in the Lord's service."
I am honoured to be able to encourage men and women in the Lord's service around the world. Without your prayers and support this would not be possible.
LAST BOOK IN BIBLE COMMENTARY SERIES NEARING COMPLETION
This month I will complete the last book in the commentary series I began 17 years ago. It has been a blessing for me to work on this project. I am especially thankful that the Lord has opened doors for believers around the world to receive copies of these books for their encouragement and ministry support.
1 & 2 SAMUEL COMMENTARY RELEASED IN KOREA
I received copies of the Korean translation of my commentary on 1 & 2 Samuel last month. This is the 17th volume to be released in the Korean language. The publisher's goal is to release a book every month until the series is completed. Except for Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon, all commentaries have been submitted for translation.
Last year over 23,000 copies of these commentaries were distributed to Korean believers. It is an honour to partner with my Korean brothers and sisters in this project.
NEXT TRANSLATION PROJECT: MYANMAR
Some time ago I had an email from a Bible School teacher in Myanmar. He told me he had met a man at the post office who had come in to pick up a parcel of books I had sent. When the man showed him the books, he immediately felt the need to contact me about translating them into both the Bermese and Hakha-Chin languages of Myanmar.
We have been in communication over the last few months and have agreed on a working relationship. As soon as the finances are in we will translate our first book. He would like to begin with a small commentary on Matthew 18:15-17 called, If Your Brother Sins. The idea would be to translate and print 1,000 copies of this book for Myanmar. I see this as an open door from the Lord and I am excited to go through it.
FIRST URDU COMMENTARY IN PAKISTAN COMPLETED
My translator in Pakistan tells me that our commentary on the Epistles of John and Jude is now completed. This is the first of the New Testament commentaries to be translated into the Urdu language. I expect to receive a few sample copies of the book this week.
SPANISH COMMENTARY ON REVELATION NEARING COMPLETION
I contacted my translator in Cuba this week to arrange payment for the translation of my commentary on the book of Revelation. He tells me that he has almost completed the translation and will be sending it out for proof reading. It should be finished in another month. This will be the fourth Spanish New Testament commentary to be translated in Cuba.
DIANE LAID UP WITH SORE BACK
Diane has been slowly recovering from a sore back. She has been "out of commission" for the past three weeks. Initially, she could not even lift her foot to walk but now she is able to get around better. She cannot sit for very long at a time without pain but things are getting better. She is seeing a chiropractor and this has been helping quite a bit. We are hoping things will improve over the coming weeks.
HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* Volume 17 of the Korean commentary series has been completed and released in Korea.
* Urdu commentary on the Epistles of John and Jude is now completed and will be distributed in Pakistan.
* I am hoping to complete the Bible commentary series I started 17 years ago in the coming weeks.
Prayer:
* The Lord's provision for the first translation and printing of a book in Burmese or Hakha-Chin in Myanmar.
* For complete healing of Diane's back.
* For the proof readers who are working on books in English, Korean, Hindi and Spanish right now.
THANK YOU
I am often amazed at how the Lord opens doors for books to be shipped and translated. Your prayers and support has been a vital part of this ministry. Thank you.
God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network