Translate

September 2011 Update

DEAR FRIENDS:
The summer is now over and the fall schedule will soon begin. This mean extra meetings and ministry opportunities. I am looking forward to this but I am also thankful for the assurance of people standing behind me in prayer. Thanks for your prayers. Here's a summary of what has been going on this last month.

SPANISH TRANSLATIONS AND MAILING LIST

I was able to pick up a Spanish translation of my commentary on the Epistles of John and Jude in Cuba. This has now been published and is the third commentary available in the Spanish New Testament series. My commentary on the book of Revelation is now being translated.

I will make these books available to ministries who want to publish and distribute them in Spanish speaking countries. I am also developing a Spanish mailing list. People on this list will receive free copies of the books as they become available.

THREE NEW VOLUMES RELEASED IN THE KOREAN COMMENTARY SERIES

Since coming home from Cuba, I received three new Korean translations. Sixteen volumes have now been released in the Korean Bible Commentary series. I submitted Psalms (volume 1) and Psalms (volume 2) to the Korean publisher last month for translation.

NEXT HINDI COMMENTARY BEING PROOF READ

The publisher in India tells me that my commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy is now being proof read and edited. I am thankful to Birch Cove Baptist Church in Halifax for a sizable gift which made this project possible. This will be the sixth commentary available for Hindi speaking believers in North India.

FIRST URDU COMMENTARY NEARING COMPLETION

The Urdu translation of my commentary Epistles of John and Jude is entering the finishing stages in Pakistan. We hope to have 1,000 copies available for distribution in another month or so. This is the first of the New Testament commentaries we would like to produce in this country. I am thankful to the Lord for this open door in Pakistan.

WRITING & PROOF READING
I have four proof readers who help with corrections. Sometimes I am embarrassed to ask them if they have time to work on another book. I am thankful for their willingness to help. They have been a hugh blessing for me and a tremendous help in this ministry. Three books are currently being proof read. Two of these are going through final reading and will be published when corrections are made.

BIBLE STUDIES STARTING UP AGAIN
We hope to start up two Bible studies again. This means I need to adjust my schedule to allow for preparation time. It is my desire that these studies be times when the Lord encourages and strengthen His people.

EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS
I continue to ask the Lord to show me how I can be most efficient and effective in this ministry. To do this I am always looking at the equipment and supplies I use to find the most cost effective way of producing and shipping books. I am trying to balance this with what is best for the people receiving books. I constantly need wisdom in this.

HOW PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* The Spanish translation of the LTMP commentary on the Epistles of John and Jude has been released and is now being distributed.
* Three new volumes are now available in the Old Testament Korean series.
* Good progress is being made on the next Hindi and Urdu commentaries.

Prayer:
* I need wisdom from the Lord as I seek His direction about how to be most efficient and effective in this ministry of printing and distributing books.
* Pray that the two Bible Studies we will be starting up this month be a means of strengthening, encouraging and comforting God's people here in Cape Breton.
* Pray that the Lord would give me wisdom as I complete the revision of my commentary on Proverbs this month.

THANK YOU
There are many opportunities before me but I need the Lord's guidance and direction to know His purpose. Your prayers for wisdom, discipline and provision are much appreciated.

God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network