Translate

Diane & Wayne's Cuba Report

SPECIAL UPDATE
August 2011

DEAR FRIENDS:
Thanks for your prayers for our time in Cuba. The Lord blessed and we were both encouraged to know His presence. There are wonderful things happening in Cuba in these days and it was a delight for me to have a small part to play.

Diane and I were both sick while we were away. For me (Wayne) it started on the Tuesday evening and I feel that just now (ten days later) I am getting over it. Even today, however, we still have upset stomachs, coughs and feel somewhat "spaced out."

I have put the details of the trip in a blog. You can read the details at the following address:

http://ltmp-cuba11.blogspot.com/

Here's a general summary of what took place over the week for those who don't need the details offered in the blog.

BAYAMO CONFERENCE
We arrived at the Holguin airport at 2 a.m. Sunday morning and were taken to a hotel in Bayamo (arriving at 4 a.m.). On Monday we met with a group of pastors and missionaries at First Baptist in Bayamo where I spoke on Hebrews 10 challenging those present to make intimacy with God their highest goal in ministry and life.

MANZANILLO CONFERENCE
On Tuesday morning we were taken toward the coast to the city of Manzanillo where I spoke on the subject of seeking the will God in our ministry. I used the examples of David and Moses. I was especially encouraged to see the response of the attendees to this theme (details in the blog).

LAS TUNAS CONFERENCE
The University Students conference was not as well attended as hoped. This, in large part, was due to the change in venue. The church where it was originally scheduled to take place had to cancel and the organizers were required to hold the event in another town. This caused transportation problems for the students. Despite the lower attendance, the Lord was present and those who attended indicated that the Lord spoke to them. Each youth was given a copy of my commentary on the book of Acts to take home.

Overall, my Cuban hosts told me that they considered the three events to be a spiritual success. Lives were touched and we trust that many were encouraged as the Word of God was opened nine times during those days. These are days of great spiritual victories in Cuba.

I am thankful for your prayers for strength. Despite my sickness, the Lord provided the stamina I needed. Pray for us now as we seek to recover and get back to a routine again.

God bless,

Diane and Wayne Mac Leod
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network