Translate

August 2011 Update

DEAR FRIENDS:
Thank you for your prayers last month. The Lord has been answering. A good part of the month was taken up preparing for my trip to Cuba but the Lord has been opening other doors as well. Here's what has been happening.

CUBA MINISTRY TRIP (August 6-13)

I received an email a couple of weeks ago confirming that a religious visa has been approved for a third trip to Cuba. The Lord has also provided all the finances I need for the trip and the three conferences. Thank you for your prayers and support.

I hope to set up a blog to detail the trip when I return. I will not have internet connections when I am in Cuba.

I have been to Cuba enough to know that my Cuban brothers and sisters there have much to teach me about ministry, priorities and the Christian life. I go to Cuba this week, however, with the assurance of three things. 1) That the Lord has opened the door and asked me personally to go. 2) That His Spirit is fully able to empower me to accomplish His purpose as I surrender to Him. 3) That the Scripture He has given me to share is able to strengthen, encourage and comfort those who listen. Pray that I will not stand in the way of what God wants to do.

1,200 SWAHILI COMMENTARIES PRINTED IN TANZANIA

I received an email a few weeks ago from my Swahili translator in Tanzania. He told me that he was able to print 1,200 copies of the commentary on Matthew 18:15-17 with the money I sent him. Altogether he will be distributing about 1500 copies of this book to pastors, Bible schools and Bible school students over the coming months.

FIRST URDU COMMENTARY NEARIG COMPLETION IN PAKISTAN

My Urdu translator informed me last week that he has now completed the translation of my commentary on the Epistles of John and Jude. I will be sending him $2540 this week to cover the translation, editing, layout and printing of 1,000 commentaries. It is a tremendous privilege for me to provide my brothers and sisters in Pakistan with this material.

THREE NEW COMMENTARIES NOW BEING PROOF READ

I was able to finish the revision of a two volume commentary on the book of Psalms the first part of July. Both of these volumes are now going through first proof reading. Diane is doing the final reading of 1 & 2 Chronicles.

I hope to prepare my commentary on Proverbs when I get home from Cuba. I would like to have it ready for proof reading by the end of September.

SECOND SPANISH COMMENTARY COMPLETED

I received the completed Spanish translation of my commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy a couple of weeks ago from one of my translators in Cuba. This has now been printed and will be shipped to the Spanish speakers on my mailing list. The Epistles of John and Jude is still being translated. I am thankful for the great Spanish translators the Lord has given me in Cuba.

HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:

Praise:
* The Lord has given me the religious visa required for my trip to Cuba.
* 1,200 copies of the Swahili Commentary on Matthew 18:15-17 have been printed and are being distributed in Tanzania.
* The Spanish translation of my commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy is complete and will be distributed over the coming months.

Prayer:
* For the final preparations for my trip to Cuba and that the Lord would allow me to encourage those who attend the conferences.
* That the 1,000 Urdu commentaries we plan to print in Pakistan would be a blessing to Christians in that country.
* For grace and wisdom as I prepare a commentary on the book of Proverbs for proof reading and editing in August and September.

THANK YOU
I have been encouraged by the way the Lord has been providing for us and this ministry. Doors have been opening as we pray. Thank you for standing behind us and what God has called us to do.

God bless,
F. Wayne Mac Leod
Light To My Path Book Distribution

153 Atlantic Street,
Sydney Mines, NS. CANADA
email: fwayne@eastlink.ca
website: http://ltmp.ca
Twitter: www.twitter.com/fwayne60

God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network