In this month's update I would like to share with you about my proposed ministry trip to Cuba in August. This trip depends on whether I can get the required religious visa so we would appreciate your prayers.
DATES
Diane and I are scheduled to be in Cuba from August 6th-13th. We will arrive in Holguin but ministry will take place in both Bayamo and Manzanillo.
SPEAKING SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK
Here is the speaking schedule that has been arranged for me during that week.
Sunday, August 7 (Bayamo)
Speaking in the morning worship service at a Baptist church in Bayamo.
Monday, August 8th (Bayamo)
Pastors/Christian Workers' Conference
This is a one day event for 100 Christian workers. I will speak twice in the morning.
Tuesday, August 9th (Manzanillo)
Pastors/Christian Workers' Conference
This is another one day event with 50 Christian workers. I will speak twice at this event as well.
Wednesday-Friday, August 10-12th (Manzanillo, Cuba)
University Students Conference
The University Students Conference is for 400 students. It begins Wednesday night and goes to Friday. I am scheduled to speak 5 times during this event.
COST OF THE MEETINGS
The only way these events can take place is for me to pay for the food and transportation of those who attend. Pastors in Cuba generally make about 0.68¢ a day so they are not able to pay for such a conference from their own money. Here is a breakdown of what it will cost to bring these Christian workers and students together and provide them with food.
100 Christian Workers (Bayamo) -------- $100
50 Christian Workers (Manzanillo) ------- $50
400 University Students (2½ days) ---- $850
My prayer is that the Lord would use this investment to encourage and bless my Cuban brothers and sisters.
CONFERENCE THEMES
I have been given freedom to speak what the Lord puts on my heart in the two Christian workers conferences. I have been asking the Lord to lead me in what He would have me to say.
The theme for the University students' conference is: "Christ, the Guarantee of our Victory." I will need the Lord's leading as I work out the details of the five messages on this subject.
ONTARIO (August 14th-16th)
Diane and I fly back to Toronto the day after the University students' conference. Our plan is to spend Sunday, August 14th - Tuesday August 16th in Ontario seeing some supporters before we fly back to Sydney on August 17th
HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* For the privilege of being asked to return to Cuba for the third time.
* For the great translators the Lord has given in past events that have made this ministry possible.
* For the good work the Lord is doing in Cuba in these days.
Prayer:
* For $1,000 to pay for food and transportation for 550 people during this week of events.
* For the Lord leading and strength as I seek HIm for the ten messages I will need to speak between August 7-12.
* For the religious visa to be granted so that this week of ministry will be possible.
THANK YOU
I need strength, anointing and the Lord's clear leading over the next month for this week of ministry. I thank you in advance for your prayers. It is encouraging to know that as I step out, God is raising up a team to support me in prayer. Thanks to all who are part of that prayer team.
God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network