JULY UPDATE
DEAR FRIENDS:
ACTION RETREAT
The highlight for us in the month of June was to be able to attend the ACTION retreat near Mount Vernon, Washington. Diane and I flew to Victoria and took the ferry across to Washington. We were blessed to renew contact with ACTION missionaries and get to know a number of others. The Lord confirmed us in our ministry and we came home encouraged.
URDU BOOK
Since returning home I have been working with a translator in Pakistan to get my first book published in Urdu. Publishing a book in the Urdu language has been a bit of a challenge but we are making progress. Because the alphabet and word structure is so different, and. some characters do not show up correctly on my computer, I have had to work very closely with the translator in the design of the cover. The other challenge has been to learn how to bind a book that reads from right to left and has the front cover on the "back." I hope to have the book out this month. It is a tremendous privilege for me to minister this way in the country of Pakistan.
RELEASE OF SECOND KOREAN BOOK
I received a copy of the Korean translation of my Matthew, Mark and Luke (volume 2) commentary last week. This is now the second commentary to be released in Korea. These books are being translated and published by Mission World Library in Korea. They are covering the entire cost of publishing the series.
JULY WRITING PROJECTS
The Korean edition of my commentaries include an introduction to each Bible book. This month, the Lord willing, I will be preparing introductions to all the Old Testament prophetic books and submitting them to Mission World Library for translation.
I would also like to complete a revision of my commentary on Leviticus. The commentary is written but I need to go over it again and have it proof read before submitting it to Korea for translation.
HELPERS
I am thankful to the Lord for the people he has sent my way to help with this ministry.
Translators:
There are about 5-7 Korean translators working on the commentaries in Korea at this time. Other translators are working on books in Haiti, Pakistan and India. Spanish and Swahili translators are also available to work with me.
Proof Readers
At present I have three individuals who proof read my books. Files are sent to them by email and returned for correction. These individuals make sure I am explaining things clearly and simply.
Accountability Team
Each new book I publish is sent to a group of four individuals who hold me accountable for what I have written. This group consists of a pastor of a supporting church, an elder of a local church, a Bible College missions professor and a Bible Study leader.
Shipping
Diane's parents (Jim and Marion Arnott) have been volunteering their time one afternoon a week to package and record each book shipped. This has set me free to work on printing and binding.
Distributors
I have individuals in different countries who have taken on the task of distributing books. In some cases this is as simple as a pastor receiving books and giving them to fellow pastors in his region to those who publish and distribute up to 1,000 copies of a title.
Publishers
Over the years my books have been published in a number of ways. Presently I am working with three publishers: Authentic Media (USA), Harvest Mission Publishers (India), Mission World Library (Korea). While Authentic Media will no longer be publishing my books, they still have a large quantity I am purchasing at highly reduced rates for distribution.
Database
A local friend and software developer has devoted hours of his time free of charge to develop the software I am using to record contacts and books shipped. This software is an essential tool. Without it I would have no idea of what books have gone out.
Prayer and Support Team
Believers in up to 50 countries have been praying for the ministry. May of them are individuals who have received books through the ministry and have in turn committed themselves to pray for it. Many others in Canada, US and UK are praying for God's hand on the ministry.
I am thankful to the Lord for the 4 churches and 13 individuals who have financially carried this ministry and allowed so many believers to receive copies of the books.
The ministry of Light To My Path Book Distribution would not be possible without this team.
CUBA 2010
I have been invited to return to Cuba again this year to speak at the Baptist Youth Convention. Diane would like to come with me this time. It was such a privilege to speak to these 800 youth last year and a special honour to be invited back. We will soon be looking into visa's and tickets for this trip.
THIRD GRANDCHILD ON THE WAY
We expect the arrival of our third grandchild next month. Christina and Norm are anxiously awaiting their new baby. They have now moved back to Cape Breton from New Brunswick. Norm will be looking for work and they will be seeking the Lord for a home.
HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* For a time of refreshing at the ACTION retreat in Washington State
* For the great team of people the Lord has given us to do the work of Light To My Path Book Distribution.
* For the release of the second Korean commentary this month.
Prayer:
* For the completion of the first Urdu translation and its blessing to readers in Pakistan.
* For the completion of the fifth Hindi commentary for use in North India
* For the ongoing work of translation into Korean and its blessing to Korean believers
* For the completion of the Haitian Creole translation of the commentary on Job
* For a visa and spiritual preparation for my trip to Cuba this year.
* For greater financial provision for the ministry as more doors of opportunity are opened.
THANK YOU
As always we are truly thankful to all of you who read this update and also to those who bring these requests to prayer. Thank you for being part of what God wants to do.
Here are a couple of web pages you can subscribe to if you are interested in more detailed information about the ministry:
Latest News:
http://www.news.ltmp.ca/
Receive email notification of the latest news as it is posted to the website
Current Projects:
http://projects.ltmp.ca/
Receive email notification of each translation and distribution project.
Simply enter your email address in the form provided and you will receive the most recent postings by email.
God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA