Translate

Diane and Wayne's August Update

DIANE & WAYNE MAC LEOD
AUGUST UPDATE

DEAR FRIENDS:
Thank you so much for your prayers this month. We have been challenged and stretched in faith as we move forward in this ministry for the glory of God.

The ministry of Light To My Path Book Distribution is dedicated to supporting and encouraging Christian Workers and ordinary believers in their walk and service for the Lord. As you know, this is done through the written word. My goal, when I started writing in 1994, was to complete a Bible commentary series written in simple English at a level the ordinary believer could understand and apply to life. Seventeen years later, I am working on the last book in this series.

While initially the books were only sold in Cape Breton, the Lord impressed on my heart the need to get them into the hands of believers overseas. A meeting with the Canadian Director of Africa Inland Mission in Toronto began that process. From the few addresses obtained from AIM, the ministry has grown to over 1750 contacts in fifty countries. Certain books are now available in seven languages.

The Lord has taken this ministry to places I never expected and opened doors I could never have imagined. I am amazed as I consider the number of people the Lord has given us opportunity to reach through this simple ministry.

1750 people receive books in the mail
1000 Hindi copies distributed in North India
1000 Spanish translation of Acts for Cuba
300 pastors in Tanzania receive Swahili books

Beside these 4,000 individuals mentioned above we have further books going out in Urdu and Korean. My first Haitian Creole book went out to 2,000 Haitians. The books are also been passed around from person to person, especially in Africa, extending their impact. I estimate that at least 10,000 people have now been directly touched by the books we have been shipping. Many more have been impacted as pastors share what they have been learning in the books. One pastor told of how he shared what he had learned in the books I had sent to him with 2,000 people who attended a conference where he was speaking. Another man gathered children in his neighbourhood under a tree to teach them what he was learning through the books.

For the most part, except in developed countries such as Korea, all of these books are going out either free of charge or at a highly discounted rate. My Bible commentaries in India, for example, sell for $1 each. The Urdu translation I have just completed will sell in Pakistan for about $0.60. These books have to be highly subsidised to make them affordable in these countries.

As you can imagine, I have been stretched in my faith as I trust the Lord for the wisdom, strength and provision for this ministry. As I look back, I see clear evidence of the hand of God. We have no idea of the impact of these books in the lives of tens of thousands of people around the world but we are trusting Him to accomplish His purposes. The Lord has done wonderful things and we stand back in wonder.

How can you pray?

Praise:
* Praise the Lord for the doors He has opened for so many people to be touched with the Word of God through the books we are shipping.
* Praise the Lord for His provision of the funds for so many people to receive copies of Light To My Path Books for their encouragement and growth.
* Praise the Lord for his grace, support and strengthening in my life to keep writing, publishing and distributing books.

Pray:
* Pray for the Lord's ongoing provision of funds so that many more people can be encouraged and supported through the books I am writing and distributing.
* Pray that the Lord would be pleased to use at least on thing in each book to impact those who read.
* Pray for ongoing strength, wisdom and trust as I seek the Lord's direction and purpose for this ministry.

Family News
Christina (our youngest daughter) and her husband Norm are expecting a baby any day now. This will be our third grandchild. I'm sure Christina would appreciate your prayers over the next few weeks.

Thanks so much for your prayers, support and encouragement.

God bless,
F. Wayne Mac Leod
Light To My Path Book Distribution
BOOK STORE: http://storefront.ltmp.ca
GENERAL INFO: http://www.ltmp.ca
ACTION INT'L: http://www.actionintl.org