JUNE 2010 UPDATE
DEAR FRIENDS:
Thank you for your prayers this month. The Lord has opened up a number of doors for us and we have been encouraged.
STOCKED SHELVES
Over 4,000 books (18 titles) were delivered to my office last month. These books were offered to me by the publisher at a volume discount and while my expenses were much higher than normal for the month, the savings over the course of the year will be substantial. I had to add about fifty feet of shelves to my office to accommodate the books but they now all have a place. Most of these books will be sent free of charge to believers in about 50 countries.
http://www.news.ltmp.ca/2010/05/overflowing-shelves.html
KOREAN TRANSLATION NOW AVAILABLE
The Korean translation of my commentary on Matthew, Mark and Luke (volume 1) is now available. I received five copies of this in the mail last month. The publisher tells me that they are almost finished translating my New Testament commentaries and have started on the Old Testament. Their goal is to release these commentaries now on a regular basis until the series is completed.
http://www.news.ltmp.ca/2010/05/first-korean-translation-now-in-print.html
URDU TRANSLATION COMPLETED
The translator in Pakistan informed me last week that he has completed the translation of my book Old Wineskins and New Wine. This is now being proof read and laid out. They will send me the file to publish. Books will then be sent out as the Lord opens doors.
It was interesting that last week I also received an email from someone in Pakistan introducing his ministry. He informed me of their need for literature. I am always amazed when the Lord opens doors like this. My faith is always stretched as I consider how the Lord will provide.
NUMBERS COMMENTARY WRITTEN
Thank you for praying for me as I was writing the Numbers commentary. The first draft is now completed. This leaves me with one more commentary to write to complete the series. I hope to devote August and September to writing this commentary.
WHAT AM I WORKING ON NOW?
Now that I have finished writing Numbers, I have been preparing Exodus for submission to Korea. Diane has also been busy going through these books making sure I am clear and saying what I need to say. This has been very helpful. Pay for her as she tries to find time for this.
BIBLE STUDY
The Bible Study I have been doing on the book of Revelation will be closing down for the summer. We will likely finish this off in the fall. It has been a blessing for me to be part of this group in a rural part of the island.
EBOOKS
I have been sensing the need recently to publish my books in eBook format for use on computer. I'm not sure if this format could benefit those to whom I am sending material, as many don't have computers, internet connections or, in some cases, even electricity to run one.
This format, however, is certainly much cheaper for those who purchase the books in North America. I have published three small books in this format for computer. I will consider a format for small screen devices at a later time. You can read a sample of these at the following adddress:
Someone Else's Faith (first 3 chapters): http://ltmp.ca/ebooks/sef.exe
The Parable of the Tiny Seed (first section): http://ltmp.ca/ebooks/tts.exe
The Lost Sheep (first three chapters): http://ltmp.ca/ebooks/tls.exe
I am seeking the Lord about whether some books could be distributed in \this format overseas.
ACTION RETREAT
Diane and I will be travelling to ACTION's retreat this month. We will fly to Victoria and drive to Washington for the retreat. This is the only time we have to meet with fellow ACTION missionaries so it is quite important to us.
HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
- Thank the Lord for the discounted books that I have received for distribution and that my new office can accommodate them.
- That the first of my commentaries in Korean is now available.
- The translation of my first book into Urdu for use in Pakistan is completed.
- For the provision of the Lord this month to get books translated and shipped.
- For God's blessing on the Korean translators and the commentaries that are being published.
- For the Lord's wisdom as we publish our first Urdu book. Pray that the Lord would open doors for this.
- For the translations that are being done in Hindi and Haitian Creole at this time.
- For wisdom to know how to use the eBook format.
- For ongoing provision from the Lord for this ministry (possibly even through the sale of book in North America).
- For ongoing wisdom as I seek the Lord's wisdom in writing and keeping up with the schedule for publishing books in Korea.
Thank you so much for your prayers. We certainly feel the need of God's guidance, provision and wisdom as we continue in this ministry. You are praying and God is opening doors. Pray that we would be obedient to walk through those doors without lacking faith.
God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
GENERAL INFO: http://www.ltmp.ca/
BOOK STORE: http://www.storefront.ltmp.ca/
ACTION: http://www.actionintl.org/