Translate

Diane and Wayne's Monthly Update

DIANE & WAYNE MAC LEOD
MAY 2010 UPDATE

DEAR FRIENDS:
We are thankful to the Lord for your prayers, support and encouragement this month. We have been stretched and encouraged as we go through the doors the Lord has been opening in answer to your prayers.

COMMENTARY ON NUMBERS BEING WRITTEN
I am currently writing a commentary on the book of Numbers. This has been a real blessing for me. I am hoping to complete this before the end of the month.

VOLUME DISCOUNT ON BOOKS
Authentic Media has, over the years, published 18 of my books. I have been able to purchase those books at about 80% off for distribution to my contacts overseas. Recently they have offered me a volume discount that reduces the price of those books by about one quarter again. To get this discount I will need to purchase about 4,000 books. While this will be a large bill this month, the savings over the coming months will be significant. I am thankful to Authentic and to the Lord for this opportunity.

FIFTH HINDI BOOK NOW BEING TRANSLATED IN INDIA
I recently sent in $1500 to the publisher in India to translate, publish and distribute 1,000 copies of a fifth commentary in Hindi. Our goal is to complete an entire New Testament commentary series for Hindi speaking believers in India.

CREOLE TRANSLATION UNDERWAY IN HAITI
A missionary friend of ours recently encouraged me to have one of my commentaries translated into Haitian Creole for Haiti. She suggested that the book of Job would be appropriate at this time. We are translating this now. We have no word on how long it will take to complete but praise God for the opportunity.

250 SWAHILI BOOKS SENT TO BAPTIST PASTORS IN TANZANIA
I have now printed and shipped about 250 copies of the Swahili translation of my book, If Your Brother Sins, to Tanzania for distribution to Baptist pastors in the Lake Zone of that country. We are also considering the translation of a second book.

FIRST KOREAN VOLUME SHEDULED FOR RELEASE LAST MONTH
While I have not seen it yet, the first Korean volume of the Light To My Path Devotional Commentary series was to be completed in April. Translators are now working on the second volume. Our goal is to do a 15 volume set on the entire Bible for believers in Korea.

FIRST URDU TRANSLATION FOR PAKISTAN UNDERWAY
I have just come to an agreement with a translator in Pakistan for the first Urdu translation of my book Old Wineskins and New Wine. We are hoping that this will be the first of a number of books to be translated for Pakistan.

ONGOING DISTRIBUTION
We usually try to ship 10 packages of books. Each package contains anywhere from 6-20 books depending on how many books it takes to make up to 2 kg. (small package rate). This means that each month about forty Christian leaders receive a package of 6-20 books.

I purchase 18 titles from Authentic Media. The other books I have published myself so I need to replace them on my shelf when they are shipped. I am printing and binding about 50-80 books a week to replace what we have been shipping.

I have been replacing my printers with printers I can refill myself. I estimate that I can save up to $2,000 a year on ink for each printer replaced. I have two more printers to replace but already I am noticing the difference in my weekly ink toner bill.

HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* For the opportunity this month to translate books into five different languages (Urdu, Haitian Creole, Korean, Hindi, Swahili).
* For Authentic Media's offer to sell books to me at a highly reduced volume rate.
* For contact with a translator in Pakistan for Urdu translations.
* For the provision for the translation and publishing of a fifth book in Hindi.
* For provision for the distribution of the Swahili translation of my book , If Your Brother Sins, to 250 pastors in Tanzania.

Prayer:
* Blessing and wisdom for translators as they work on the various books.
* Provision for the ongoing translation, publishing and distribution of my books in about 49 countries (about $2,000 a month).
* Wisdom from the Lord as I work on a commentary on the book of Numbers.
* Ongoing wisdom as I seek to find the cheapest and most efficient way of publishing books for distribution.
* Completion of the two New Testament commentaries now in the final stages of proof reading.

THANK YOU
I have been stretched as I go through the open doors the Lord has placed before me. I need wisdom and discernment as I seek the heart of the Lord for each opportunity. Your prayers for wisdom, discernment and provision are vital. Thank you.

God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA