Translate

DIANE & WAYNE'S MONTHLY UPDATE

DIANE AND WAYNE MACLEOD
MONTHLY EMAIL UPDATE
April 2010

DEAR FRIENDS:
We would like to begin with a word of thanks to each person who has stood with us financially and in prayer over the last month. You are all very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

WEEKLY BIBLE STUDIES
I am leading a Bible study in two small groups each week. We have enjoyed some good interaction in both groups and I believe many have been blessed.

NUMBERS COMMENTARY BEING WRITTEN
This month I will be working each morning on a commentary on the book of Numbers. I hope to have this completed, in rough draft, sometime next month. This will leave me one last book to write before completing the entire Bible (a task that has taken me sixteen years so far).

BIBLE INTRODUCTIONS FOR KOREAN COMMENTARY SERIES
The Korean publisher wants to include a short introduction to each Bible book in their edition of my commentaries. I have one more introduction to write before completing the New Testament books.
I am hoping to have all New Testament commentaries and introductions submitted to Korea by May.

AGREEMENT TO PUBLISH A HINDI N.T. COMMENTARY SERIES
I have had the privilege over the last few years to work with Harvest Mission Publishers in India to translate and publish four commentaries into Hindi. We have now decided to work toward the completion of a New Testament commentary series for Hindi speaking believers.

The entire project involves the translation and publication of a total of fifteen books. Three of these books have been completed. The remaining 12 will cost CAD $1500 each to translate and produce 1,000 copies for distribution. While the total cost of the project will be CAD $18,000, the immediate need is for CAD $1,500 to produce the next volume. For more information on this project and to read the publisher's comment visit the following site:

FIRST 100 COPIES OF SWAHILI BOOK PRINTED AND SHIPPED
I have now printed and shipped the first 100 Swahili copies of my work on Matthew 18:15-17. This book will be distributed to Baptist pastors in the Lake Zone of Tanzania. The denomination is requesting up to 500 copies of the book but I am trying to balance this project with others the Lord has given at this time. The Lord willing, I will produce another 100 copies for them shortly.

TRANSLATION INTO URDU FOR PAKISTAN??
One of the challenges of this ministry has been to know the Lord's purpose for each translation and distribution. I was recently contacted by a translator in Pakistan who has been asking to translate my commentaries into Urdu for use in Pakistan. At present I have very few contacts in this country but I need to know the Lord's will and purpose. The door is open but am I to go through it? I'd appreciate your prayers.

MAKING ROOM FOR MORE BOOKS
I am now publishing 22 titles with two more being added over the next couple of months.
Authentic Media (Biblica) has been in touch with me about purchasing more of the 18 titles they have published. Because they are trying to clear these books out they are willing to sell them to me at a very reduced rate. I am now working out the details to purchase about 4,000 books from their stock. I put up another 24 feet of shelves yesterday to accommodate these books.

INVITATION TO CUBA
I have been invited to speak again at the Eastern Baptist Youth Congress in Cuba. This was a great blessing for me last year and I count it a privilege to be invited to return. I do not have details about the conference yet but would appreciate your prayers.

WISDOM IN HOW TO RUN THE OFFICE
The Lord has wonderfully provided me with my new office and the equipment to publish and ship the books. I have been seeking him over the last month for wisdom in how to run it in the most cost effective way. The most significant cost to printing the books has been the ink. I can print about 40,000 pages a month so even a reduction of a fraction of a cent can mean saving a thousand dollars in a year.

HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH
Praise:
* Thank the Lord for the opportunity to lead in two small group Bible studies each week.
* Agreement to work toward a Hindi New Testament Commentary series
* The finances have been available for the publication and shipment of the first 100 copies of my study on Matthew 18:15-17.

Prayer:
* Wisdom and blessing of God as I work on the commentary on the book of Numbers this month.
* For the completion of the commentary on Matthew, Mark and Luke in Korean and its blessing in that country.
* For ongoing wisdom and finances as I work on the various publication, translation and distribution projects.
* For God's leading in order that I might be able to do the work in the most efficient and cost effective way.

THANK YOU
The other day I spent the morning writing about Nazirite vows and the evening speaking about the Laodicean church. In between I spend my time preparing books for shipment to various places. I am privileged not only to have the time to study the Word of God but also to share it with people in my own community and around the world. From this little office, the Word of God is being opened up to thousands of people in over forty countries. I cannot think of anything I would want to do more than this. I am thankful to God for the call he has placed on my life but I am also thankful to all of you who have stood with us so faithfully in prayer and financial support. May God richly bless you for your partnership.

God bless,

Wayne Mac Leod
Light To My Path Book Distribution
WEBSITE: http://www.ltmp.ca/