Translate

May 2013

DEAR FRIENDS:

In April's update I shared with you something about the work I have been involved with in Pakistan. My translator and I have now completed five Urdu Bible study books. These books have been distributed to believers across the nation and we have received reports stating that they have been meeting a need. 

On June 3rd I leave for Lahore, Pakistan to see the work first hand. The plan is to do five seminars and some speaking in local churches. I am quite conscious of my need for God's grace and protection during these two weeks and ask that you would specifically pray for this ministry time. Here are some requests:

QUALITY TIME WITH MY TRANSLATOR
I am trusting that this time with my translator might strengthen our bond in the gospel and help us as we work together to produce Bible study materials for Pakistani believers in the coming years. 

UNDERSTANDING AND SENSITIVITY 
I want to get a better understanding of the needs in the church of Pakistan. I also want to learn from brothers and sisters and be challenged in my own walk with the Lord. Pray that I would be sensitive to what God wants to teach me. 

ENCOURAGEMENT OF BELIEVERS
My great desire is to be an encouragement to believers through the preaching and teaching of the Word of God. Pray that the Spirit of God would empower the preaching and teaching of His Word for the blessing of His people in this country. 

BLESSING OF OUR FINANCIAL INVESTMENT
We are budgeting $1500 for food and the organizing of these five seminars. This will allow us to minister to about 450 individuals. Pray that this financial investment would bear fruit for the good of the church in Pakistan and the encouragement of its servants. 

PROTECTION AND JOURNEY MERCIES
Pray that the Lord would protect me and keep me in good health as I minister over this two week period. Pray also for my flights and connections (two days to get there and three days to get back). We may also be traveling to different cities during my stay in Pakistan.

DISCERNMENT AND WISDOM 
Pray that the Lord would give me grace and discernment so that I give no cause for cultural offense as I am unfamiliar with Pakistani etiquette and customs. 

ORGANIZATION OF EVENTS
Pray for the events that we are trying to organize at this time. Pray that the Lord would open the right doors and bring the right people. Pray that His Spirit would speak powerfully to those He brings to the various events. 

Through the book distribution and translation ministry we are reaching thousands of Pakistani believers. I am trusting that the Lord will keep that door open for us in the coming years and that our ministry will be an encouragement to the church in this part of the world. I am trusting that the Lord will use this trip to strengthen our ministry in this country. 

Thanks so much for your prayers for this time. Let me offer you a small token of my appreciation in return through my book "More Than Conquerors, Our Security in Christ" This is a 94 page study of Romans 8:31-39. Download your free copy of this books at:

http://www.ltmp.ca/ebooks/MoreThanConquerorsFREE.zip

I trust it will be a blessing to you. Thanks again. 

God bless

F. Wayne Mac Leod 

Light To My Path Book Distribution 
153 Atlantic Street 
Sydney Mines, Nova Scotia 
B1V 1Y5 CANADA 

Website : www.ltmp.ca 
Online store : www.ltmp.ca/store