Translate

April 2013

DEAR FRIENDS:

A few years ago Action International Ministries (UK office) received an email from an unknown Christian worker in Pakistan. The email came from a translator whose desire was to see material translated into the Urdu language for Christian workers in his country. This email was forwarded to me because of my writing and distribution ministry.

Feeling the need to respond, I wrote to Emmanuel explaining the nature of my ministry and the kind of material I have been writing. I invited him to look at the books to see if they could be of use in his country. Over the coming weeks Emmanuel and I corresponded by email. As we prayed and communicated, we decided to work together on a single book to see how God directed. The response to that initial book was such that we believed God was leading us to continue working together to bless Christian workers in his country.

Emmanuel explained that many Christian workers in Pakistan are theologically untrained and there are relatively few Bible seminaries in the country to train them. In a recent email he wrote:

"Believers and Christian workers are under pressure because of persecution. Some want to go to seminary but they do not have enough money to manage the family needs each month so they have to continue as they are without training. Our distribution is a great help for such people. Some use our books to prepare messages and Bible studies. I think it is really encouraging that through our books, leaders and pastors are blessed to bless others."

I asked Emmanuel about the availability of Christian books in his country. He told me that while some pastors have good libraries, "most do not have enough resources to set up libraries or get Christian literature." He went on to say:

"I have found few books with a good working knowledge of the Bible. When I say working knowledge of the Bible, I mean the truths and knowledge of the Bible that brings about change in behavior, attitude, daily lifestyle and walk with the Lord."

Because most Christian leaders in Pakistan do not read English, they depend on translated books. We recently translated the Light To My Path Commentary on the book of Revelation into Urdu and distributed 1,000 copies in various parts of the country. Emmanuel sent me the following email after a pastor received a copy:

"This morning I received a phone call from the northern part of Pakistan. Pastor --- was sharing his testimony about our commentary book of Revelation. He was happy to get this book, and after he had finished reading the whole book, he was overjoyed, refreshed and recommitted to serve the Lord. On Sunday he is going to share the Word of God from this book."

Other pastors and Christian workers wrote to him expressing their gratitude. One such worker wrote:

"I am thankful to heavenly father, the writer and the translator for the wonderful commentary book on Revelation. This was a wonderful opportunity to learn things I had never know before. The study of this book has increased my prayer time. The study of this book has increased my Bible study time. After the study of this book, I have shifted to another spiritual level. I have been restored in the first love of Christ."

Emmanuel assures me that our efforts to produce Urdu material for needy pastors and Christian workers in Pakistan is bearing fruit:

"For poor and needy pastors, Christian workers and leaders, free book distribution is a blessing. After reading our books, they share their testimonies. They experience great inner change in their lives, character and attitude. They move in a new direction. Gaps in their understanding are filled. They are equipped, trained and get spiritual strength to do the work of the Lord in a new way. Our books are liked by pastors because they find new things to teach and preach."

We print and distribute 1,000 copies of each title we translate. Emmanuel translates, does the layout and has the books printed at a local print shop. Upon completion, he ships parcels to pastors in various cities in Pakistan to distribute among Christian leaders.

Emmanuel and I have a goal of completing an Urdu New Testament commentary series for Christian workers in Pakistan. This New Testament series will contain 15 books. We have now completed three of those books. There is a significant amount of work ahead if we are to complete this task but the Lord has encouraged us with His provision and blessing on what we have completed so far. We are trusting Him for the rest.

I am planning a two week trip to Pakistan in June to meet Emmanuel and get a better understanding of the work we are doing in this country.

FOR PRAISE:
* For the way the Lord has opened a door to bless Urdu speaking Christians in Pakistan with Bible commentaries in their own language.
* For testimonies received from Pakistani Christian workers who have been blessed by the material we have been able to provide.
* For how the Lord has opened a door for me to partner with a brother in Pakistan so that we can reach Pakistani Christians with the truth of God's Word.

FOR PRAYER:
* Pray that God would bless our effort to provide Pakistani pastors with Bible commentaries and Bible studies for their encouragement and ministry support.
* Pray for the Lord to continue to provide the funds necessary to translate, print and distribute the books we are producing.
* Pray that God would strengthen the church in Pakistan despite the persecution and struggle it faces.

APRIL'S FREE EBOOK

This month I would like to offer a FREE copy of my commentary on the book of Isaiah. You can download the PDF copy at the following address:

http://ltmp.ca/ministry/free-download.htm

While you are downloading the book check out the testimonies from believers around the world who have been receiving copies of our books. They will be an encouragement to you:

http://www.ltmp.ca/ministry/testimonies.htm

Thank you so much for your ongoing interest in this ministry. Your prayers and encouragement has been a rich blessing to us personally.

God bless,

F. Wayne Mac Leod

LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
153 Atlantic Street,
Sydney Mines, NS CANADA B1V 1Y5
WEBSITE: http://www.ltmp.ca
BOOK STORE: http://www.ltmp.ca/store

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network