MAY 2011 UPDATE
DEAR FRIENDS:
Thank you for your prayers and support this last month. God has stretched us but we are confident that your prayers have released strength and blessing.
THIRTY YEARS OF MARRIAGE
The 2nd of May Diane and I celebrated thirty years of marriage. God has been good to us and we are thankful for these years together.
GENESIS COMMENTARY RELEASED IN KOREA
The first Korean Old Testament commentary was released last month (Genesis). The publisher has been releasing one book a month for the last year. I need to submit another eight books before the end of the year.
HINDI TRANSLATION UNDERWAY
The commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy is now in India being translated into Hindi. I will shortly send them $1500 for the translation and publishing of 1,000 copies.
FOREIGN PUBLICATION PROJECTS
I have two other projects scheduled as soon as the Lord provides the money.
The first is the publication of the Swahili translation of If Your Brother Sins. We will print 1,000 copies of this book in Tanzania for about $2 each. These books will be used in ten Bible colleges and distributed to Baptist pastors throughout the Lake Zone.
The second project is for Pakistan. We would like to translate a first Bible commentary into Urdu for Christian pastors in this country. We estimate that this project will cost between $2-3 a book. We would publish 1,000 copies locally in Pakistan.
UNDER CONSIDERATION
I received an email from a translator in Myanmar interested in working with me to translate into the Burmese language. This translator tells me that about 80% of pastors in that country are untrained. This would be such a wonderful ministry opportunity. I am seeking the Lord about this now.
The Lord continues to open doors such as these. Pray that I would not lose faith in His provision for these open doors.
REVISIONS AND PROOF READINGS
We're working on three books right now.
1&2 Samuel
- Going through final reading before publication.
1&2 Kings
- First proof reading finished. Corrections to be made before going to final reading.
1&2 Chronicles
- Revision completed. Will soon be going out for 1st proof reading.
I hope to begin the revision of the first volume of Psalms next week.
WEEKLY BIBLE STUDIES
I enjoy the two Bible Studies I am leading each week. Those who attend seem to be very interested and God is blessing our time together. We are studying the Gospel of John and 1 Corinthians.
HOME RENOVATIONS
On my spare time in the evenings and Saturday, I have been trying to do some renovations to our home. Our daughter Alisa has been living upstairs so we are trying to put in a bathroom downstairs for ourselves. I'm relatively competent with carpentry but am being stretched somewhat in electrical and plumbing. The Lord has given me some good advisers who can instruct me in what to do so I am thankful for this.
HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* For thirty years of married life together
* For the release of Korean commentary on the book of Genesis.
* That the Hindi translation of the next Bible commentary is now underway.
* For good progress in revising and proof reading new commentaries.
* For the good fellowship we have at the two weekly fellowship groups.
Prayer:
* For provision of $2,000 for the Swahili Bible study book for Tanzania.
* For the provision of $2,000-$3,000 for the translation and release of our first Urdu Bible commentary in Pakistan.
* For wisdom to know if it is the Lord's purpose to work with the translator in Myanmar.
* For discipline and faithfulness as I seek to complete the Old Testament commentary series this year.
THANK YOU
If there is one thing I want, it is to be faithful to what the Lord has given me to do. Open doors are before me but I need wisdom to know which ones I am to go through and faith to trust the Lord for the provision to accomplish His purposes. Thank you so much for praying. We need your prayers very much.
God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network