APRIL 2011 UPDATE
DEAR FRIENDS:
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement this past month. It has been a relatively busy month and we have needed your prayers for extra strength.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
I have had opportunities to speak every weekend since the first of March. This has been a real blessing for Diane and I and we have been able to share the Word of God and update a number of people on the ministry of Light To My Path Book Distribution. I have two more speaking engagements this month.
REGULAR DISTRIBUTION
Diane's parents (Jim and Marion Arnott) give one afternoon a week to package books and record the shipments. They are shipping about 200-250 English books each month for me.
TRANSLATIONS
Korean
We have now completed an entire New Testament commentary series in the Korean language. This series is an 11 volume hardcover series translated and published completely in Korea. Mission World Library has taken on this project and is now distributing the series. Translation of the Old Testament commentaries is now underway.
Spanish Commentary
In our last letter I spoke about the translation into Spanish of the LTMP commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy. The Cuban translator tells me that he is working on this now. I am thankful for the provision of the Lord for this translation.
Hindi Commentary
This month the Lord provided enough money through the generous contributions of a church in Halifax to proceed with the translation of the 6th commentary in Hindi for use in North India.
I hope to get this started in the coming weeks.
Swahili Bible Study
Some time ago we translated a Bible Study on Matthew 18:15-17 into Swahili. This book deals with how to resolve conflicts in the church. I am now asking the Lord for the resources necessary to publish 1,000 copies of this study in Tanzania. The books will be distributed to ten Baptist Bible Schools and a number of Baptist Pastors in the Lake Zone of this country.
NEW BOOKS AVAILABLE
We just released two new commentaries this last month. The first is a commentary on Deuteronomy. The second is on Joshua, Judges and Ruth.
I print and bind these books on a print-on-demand basis. This means that I only have 10-20 copies of each title in stock as books are only printed as needed.
REVISIONS AND PROOF READINGS
Two more commentaries (1&2 Samuel and 1&2 Kings) are being edited and proof read right now.
I have taken this week off from writing to catch up on a variety of other things. I hope to begin preparing 1&2 Chronicles for proof reading next week. While the commentary is already written, I will need a month to get it ready to proof read. Each commentary goes through two proof readings before it is published.
HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* Thank the Lord for the completion of the 11 volume Korean New Testament commentary series and the great team of Korean translators and publishers who made this possible.
* Thank the Lord for His provision this past month to translate a commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy into both Spanish and Hindi.
* Praise the Lord for the release of two new commentaries this month and the proof readers and editors who have helped me to complete them.
Prayer:
* Ask the Lord to provide for the publication of 1,000 copies of the Swahili Bible Study on Matthew 18:15-17 in Tanzania.
* Pray for the proof readers and translators as they work on a number of books this month.
* Pray that I would know more of the power of prayer as I seek God each day for the projects He places before me.
THANK YOU
The Lord has been stretching me in my understanding of the role of prayer in this ministry. I have seen some wonderful answers this month as the Lord has opened doors and provided for thousands of believers to receive teaching in the Word of God through the books that are going out. I am indebted to those who have joined me in prayer. God is answering and His Word is going out. Thank you so much.
God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network