MARCH 2011 UPDATE
DEAR FRIENDS:
Thank you for your prayers in the month of February. The Lord continues to stretch us as we wait on Him, but we are encouraged to see that His purposes are being accomplished.
MARCH MEETINGS
March will be a busy month for us but we are thankful for the opportunities to share about the ministry and minister His Word each weekend.
We had a good time of fellowship with Faith Bible Church in Charlottetown, PEI on the 6th of March. Would you pray for the meeting we have over the remainder of the month:
March 13th - Birch Cove Baptist, Halifax
March 20th - Gospel Fellowship - Port Hawkesbury
March 25-27 - Jesus to the Nations Missions Conference - Halifax.
BIBLE STUDIES
I am teaching two Bible studies each week. The first is in Sydney Mines on the book of 1 Corinthians. The second is in Goose Cove on the book of John. It has been good to have time with these believers each week. All of them are eager to spend time in the Word of God and it is a privilege to share it with them. Pray that the Lord's purposes would be accomplished through these studies and that those who attend would be strengthened, encouraged and comforted.
KOREAN VOLUME 10 RELEASED
This month I received copies of the tenth commentary to be translated into Korean. This tenth volume covers the Biblical books of James and 1 & 2 Peter. I anticipate that the New Testament will be completed this month. I could never have imagined that the Lord would open the door to produce a complete New Testament commentary series in the Korean language. I am truly thankful to God for this. Pray that as this series goes out, it would be a rich source of blessing to our Korean brothers and sisters.
BOOKS FOR 500 CUBAN PASTORS
Last month I had a request for 500 copies of my Acts commentary for a Cuban Christian Worker' conference in April. The Lord has provided the $1,000 necessary and I was able to send the cheque out last week. This means that every worker attending the conference will be able to go home with a FREE copy of a Spanish commentary on Acts. It is a privilege to be involved in this project. Thanks to all who gave to make this a reality.
SPANISH TRANSLATION OF THE EPISTLES OF THESSALONIANS AND TIMOTHY
The project I am working on now is also for Cuba. One of my translators will be working on my commentary on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy. Already the Lord has provided $550 out of the $650 required for the translator's fees. I hope to be able to pay for this translation project this month.
REVISIONS & PROOF READINGS
Three out of four of my proof readers are working on books right now. The following commentaries are being proof read:
Deuteronomy
Joshua, Judges and Ruth
1 & 2 Samuel
Would you pray that the Lord bless the work of these proof readers. Pray also that there will be something in these books that will be a encouragement to them.
I have now begun to prepare 1 & 2 Kings for proof reading. I would like to be able to complete this in March.
FROM THE MAILBOX
Let me share with you a recent letter I received from a pastor in Zambia:
"Last year I was privileged to speak at crusades. I used some of the books you sent me in the past, and the response was very good. Many people, especially youths came to Jesus. I believe that these books have helped me by impacting me with God's wisdom for His service. I have led may youths to Christ with the help of these books."
HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* For the release of volume 10 in the Korean New Testament Series
* For the 500 Acts commentaries we will be able to distribute at the upcoming conference in Cuba (April).
* For the provision of $550 of the $650 required for the Spanish translation of The Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy.
* For the faithful work of four proof readers who help me with the books.
Prayer:
* For the meetings I will be at each weekend in March (good contacts and blessing).
* For provision of the remaining $100 for the Spanish translation of The Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy.
* For discipline and time for my revision of 1 & 2 Kings this month.
THANK YOU
As always, Diane and I are thankful to the Lord for all who pray for the particular requests we share in these monthly updates. Thank you for your vital role.
God bless,
F. Wayne Mac Leod
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
Website:http://ltmp.ca
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/fwayne
ACTION INT'L: http://www.actionintl.org
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network