Translate

February 2011 Update

DEAR FRIENDS:
Thank you for your prayers and support. The month of January was quite busy and we are both feeling somewhat tired but the Lord continues to sustain. Here is a quick summary of what has been happening.

REVISION OF 1 & 2 SAMUEL
I have dedicated this year to completing the Bible commentary series. All the books are written but I need to do some revision, editing and proof reading before releasing them. I hope to complete the revision of 1 & 2 Samuel this week.

EDITING AND PROOF READING
Each book goes through two proof readings before being printed. Three books are now in process:

Deuteronomy: going through final reading
Joshua, Judges and Ruth: finishing 1st reading
1 & 2 Samuel: beginning 1st reading soon

I am thankful for the four proof readers the Lord has given to help me with this.

COMMENTARY ON NUMBERS RELEASED
The latest commentary to be released in English is on the book of Numbers. We have now added this to the list of books being shipped.

KOREAN TRANSLATION
The Korean translation of my commentaries on 1& 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon and Hebrews has now been released in Korea. This is the 9th volume in the New Testament Series. We hope to complete the New Testament commentaries within the next couple of months.

URDU TRANSLATION
I recently sent $800 to Pakistan for the printing of 1,000 copies of my book Old Wineskins and New Wine in the Urdu language. The translator in Pakistan phoned me last week to let me know that this is now underway.

HINDI TRANSLATION
The Hindi translation of my commentary on the book of Romans is now completed in India. A recent email from the publisher indicates that it will be distributed freely, as part of a set of books, at an upcoming pastors conference in India. This is the fifth commentary translated into Hindi. I hope to send the next book out for translation shortly. For $1500 I can translate and print 1,000 books in India.

SWAHILI TRANSLATIONS
Last year we translated my book If Your Brother Sins into Swahili. I have been printing and shipping these books to Tanzania. Because of the cost of shipping and printing here in Canada, however, I am looking towards printing in Tanzania. It will cost $2,000 to print 1,000 copies of this book there. My Swahili translator tell me that he is now translating a second book for me now.

SPANISH TRANSLATIONS
Two books are now being translated into Spanish in Cuba. The Epistles of John and Jude was submitted for translation in November and should be available soon. Last week I submitted my commentary on the Epistles to the Thessalonians and Timothy to a second translator. The Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy will cost me $650 to translate.

EQUIPMENT BREAKDOWN
I had a few breakdowns the last while. The part required for my binding machine was delivered and I was able to repair it myself so now I am back to printing and binding again.

I also had one of my printers break down. I realize now that it was not designed to handle the kind of printing I am doing. I was able to replace this with a higher quality printer which seems to be working well for me.

FROM THE MAILBOX
I receive emails and letters from believers around the world requesting material. Here's an excerpt from a recent letter from a young man in Ghana, West Africa.

"Dear Sir:
The reason why I am writing you this vital letter is that I am a boy of 18 years of age and have accepted the Lord Jesus as personal Saviour. The problem I am facing in my country is a Bible and some books that can help me in Christianity and to share God's Word with people in my country. Here they are too expensive so I cannot buy them. I will be grateful if you can assist me. I don't have anyone to tell me something about our Lord Jesus Christ until Sunday when I go to church, so I will be grateful for your help."

DIANE
Diane faught some kind of cold for a good part of February but is feeling better now. She enjoys babysitting Joshua, our 4 year old grandson each day. She is also proof reading and editing all of my books so this keeps her busy.

HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* For the release of translations in Korean, Urdu and Hindi.
* For the proof readers, translators and accountability team the Lord has given me as I work on getting his Word our to over 6ifty countries now. .
* For the finances the Lord has provided to get books out to those who can really use them.

Prayer:
* I often feel strain as I wait on the Lord for the finances to go through the many door He is opening. Pray for wisdom to know what projects the Lord wants me to take on and faith to trust Him for the provision.
* For blessing as people read the commentaries and Bible Studies we are distributing. Pray that the Lord would use them to draw each one closer to Himself.
* For my translator in Pakistan who is now getting 1,000 books printed. Pray for him as he works with the printers and distributes these books in Pakistan.
* For financial provision from the Lord so we can go through the many doors the Lord has opened to us in India, Latin America, Tanzania and Pakisatan.

THANK YOU
There are many doors opening to us to get the Word of God out to people around the world. Admittedly, I feel stretched beyond my ability. Thank you for praying. Those prayers are having an important impact around the world.

God bless,
F. Wayne Mac Leod
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
Website:http://ltmp.ca
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/fwayne
ACTION INT'L: http://www.actionintl.org