DECEMBER UPDATE
DEAR FRIENDS:
As always we would like to express our gratitude to the Lord for your interest, support and prayers for us in this ministry. It is a real blessing for me to support so many believers around the world who have been reaching their own nations with the truth of God's Word. Thank you for standing with me in this endeavour.
CUBA
The highlight of November was our trip to Cuba. The Lord opened the door and we had the privilege of ministering to 1,000 youth in the city of Holguin. Details of this trip can be found on our website at:
Feel free to check out this page.
It was tremendously refreshing to see what the Lord is doing in this country. Diane and I came back only wishing that we could see such a move of God in our own country.
BIBLE STUDIES
I continue to be involved with two small groups. In Goose Cove we have just finished a study of the book of Revelation and will begin a study of the Gospel of John in the new year.
In Sydney Mines we have been encouraged by a study of the book of Hosea. This book has certainly been a blessing and challenge to us as we examine its application to our own situations.
TRANSLATIONS
The Korean translation and publication of my commentaries has been progressing quite rapidly. We have now released 7 volumes this year.
While in Cuba I arranged for the translation of The Epistles of John and Jude into Spanish.
The Mbunda translation of, The Parable of the Tiny Seed should be available by February. This is being translated in Zambia
I am awaiting the completion of the Hindi translation of my revised Romans commentary for use in North India.
The Swahili translator in Tanzania tells me he will work on, The Lost Sheep.
I had a request from Zambia in November to translate, The Epistles of John and Jude into the Lozi language.
My translator in Pakistan is also wanting to do another book in Urdu.
All this requires a lot of direction from the Lord. While some of these translations are being done freely, other can cost a fair amount to translate and publish.
PUBLISHING
I am also releasing new titles in English. The most recent commentary to be released is on the book of Exodus.
The first copies of Leviticus are being printed now and I am hoping to have it ready before the end of the month.
Numbers is presently going through a final proof reading.
Deuteronomy is being edited and proof read before being sent to Korea for translation. It will then go through a second reading before being released in English.
I am preparing Joshua right now for Diane to edit and proof read before the end of January.
The Lord willing, all these titles will be released the first part of next year.
Beyond this, I am in the process of buying up all the remaining stock of my books published through Authentic Media. This will then give me the right to publish these titles myself. I have now purchased four out of eighteen titles.
PDF eBOOKS
Many of these books have now been converted into PDF format. I have not been able to use these in the distribution ministry as many of those receiving books don't have a computer.
See www.ebooks.ltmp.ca for more details on the books available in this format.
WRITING
The focus for 2011 will be on getting all books in the Light to My Path Devotional Commentary Series submitted to Korea for translation. My agreement with the Korean publisher requires that all Bible commentaries be submitted by December of 2011. This means that we should have a complete Bible commentary series available in Korean before the end of 2012. I am also hoping that the English edition will be completed by that time as well.
FINANCES
As you can imagine, this ministry has stretched us financially. We are supplying over 1700 Christian workers in over fifty developing countries with free English books for use in their ministries. With so many doors opening in other languages now, the demand on our resources has been even higher.
BINDER BREAKDOWN
My binding machine broke down last week and I am waiting for a $1300 part to fix it. I'm hoping the part will be available in two weeks. Until then, I am not able to produce any more books. I believe, in part, the problem was the result of dust from my cement floor accumulating on the glue roller. I have now been able to paint my office floor so hopefully this will avoid further problems of this nature.
HOW TO PRAY THIS MONTH:
Praise:
* A great trip to Cuba and the privilege of speaking to 1,000 eager Cuban youth on the subject of full surrender to God
* For the open doors for translation of my books in other languages.
* For the release of my commentary on the book of Exodus last month.
* For the completion and upcoming release of my commentary on the book of Leviticus.
* For the four proof readers who have been helping me to get the books ready for printing.
Prayer:
* That the Korean Bible commentaries released this year will be a source of encouragement to believers in light of the uncertainties in that country in these days.
* That I would have faith to believe that the Lord will provide all I need for every door He opens.
* That I would have wisdom to know how to produce the books in the most efficient way.
* That the Lord would give me discipline as I work this coming year on getting all the books available for publishing in Korean and English.
THANK YOU
There are so many doors opened before us. Your prayers, encouragement and support have been essential. Thank you so much.
God bless,
WAYNE MAC LEOD
LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
WEBSITE: WWW.LTMP.CA