Translate

April 2016 News Update

April News Update for Diane and Wayne Mac Leod
View this email in your browser

DEAR FRIENDS:

Thanks for your prayers and support over this past couple of months. It has been quite busy. We have been both stretched and encouraged as we seek to walk in obedience to the Lord's leading.

LOCAL MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
Ministry to those who are Grieving
I have been truly blessed to be part of a small rural church in Blues Mills here in Cape Breton. Though it is a small ministry, there is always pastoral work to be done. This past month the church has seen the death of two family members. While this has been a difficult time for us, the Lord's presence has been evident in many clear ways. This time of mourning has provided many ministry opportunities.

Ministry to Children and Young Families
Over the years I have seen the Lord open and close doors. I have also seen Him change my plans and direct in new ways. I find myself praying more and planning less now. One of the blessings of this style of ministry is that when something happens you know it is from the Lord. This is the case for us in Blues Mills. We did not have any children in the church but the Lord recently brought a Christian couple from another location to join us in the work at the church. They have a burden for children and very soon after they coming decided that they would like to start a Sunday School. We now have three teachers involved in this and it has opened the door for a number of children to come to church. This has been a real blessing to some young mothers in the area who have started to come with their children.

Ministry Through the Word
Another issue that we dealt with at the church was having a mid week Bible study. I was already involved in two studies during the week  in other communities and the church is an hour and twenty minutes from where I live. Again the Lord undertook for this need and provided a regular Bible study through the couple He brought into the community. This has again been a rich blessing for us and something the Lord put in place for the community.

I do sense that the Lord is present in the work in Blues Mills. Would you pray that He would continue to lead us and that we would be faithful to go through the doors He opens. Pray also that I would be faithful in preaching the Word each Sunday and in the pastoral oversight of this wonderful group of believers.


LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION

The work of Light To My Path Book Distribution continues to take up most of my time. We have a number of projects underway and I continue to trust the Lord to see them through to the end. I am trusting that these translations and printings would open up the Word of God to many around the world.

Current Projects
 Here is a list of projects we are currently working on:
  1. The Parable of the Tiny Seed (Spanish) - Translation completed getting ready for print
  2. The Lost Sheep (Mbunda) - currently being translated in Zambia
  3. John (Urdu) - Translated and being prepared for print in Pakistan
  4. The Revival of Acts 2 (Tamil) - currently being translated in India
  5. Philippians and Colossians (Burmese) - currently being translated in Myanmar
  6. Matthew, Mark and Luke - volume 3 (Spanish) - currently being translated in Cuba
  7. If Your Brother Sins (Oriya) - currently being translated in India
I am thankful to the Lord for each of these translators and their hard work. Pray that these books will be completed and bring rich blessing those who receive them. Pray also for faithfulness on the part of the translators as they work hard to complete these projects.

Publishing on Amazon.com
The end is now in sight for the publication of my books on Amazon.com. I have spend the past few years revising each book and making it available online in both e-book and physical book formats. I have handed all sales over and the proceeds from these sales now helps get books to those who cannot afford them. This has enabled me to reach out to North America and Europe with this material. I have three more books to revise and prepare for publishing. I would appreciate your prayers as I complete these over the coming month. You can see these books at the following address:

www.amazon.com/author/fwaynemacleod


WHAT TO PRAY FOR

Ongoing Pastoral and Teaching Ministry
I will be teaching two Bible studies (Goose Cove, and North Sydney) each week and preaching on Sundays (Blues Mills). Pray that I would be faithful in the teaching and preaching of the Word of God. Pray also that God would guide me as I seek to provide pastoral care to the people in Blues Mills.

Thank the Lord for the ministry to children and the weekly Bible study started by colleagues in Blues Mills. Pray that it would bring rich blessing to the people of this community.

Completion of Amazon Project
I anticipate completing the publication of all my books on Amazon by the end of April. Pray that the Lord would bless these books as they are now available online.

Writing Again
Because I have been spending all my time getting books published on Amazon, I have not been able to work on any new studies over the past year. I am looking forward to preparing new material in the coming months. Pray that the Lord would lead and guide as I prepare these works.
Your prayers and support have been very much appreciated. May the Lord bless as you continue to serve Him faithfully.

God bless,

F. Wayne Mac Leod
Copyright © 2016 Light To My Path Book Distribution, All rights reserved.
Monthly newsletter of Wayne and Diane Mac Leod.

Our mailing address is:
Light To My Path Book Distribution
153 Atlantic Street
Sydney Mines, NS B1V 1Y5
Canada

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp