Translate

February 2013 Update

DEAR FRIENDS:
Thank you for your prayers and ministry support this past month. In this news update I would like to focus on the ministry I have been part of in South Korea.

A number of years ago I received an email from a publisher here in Canada about an organization in South Korea looking for Bible Study material. Knowing about my distribution ministry, this publisher thought I might be able to send them copies of my Bible commentaries. I was happy to add this Korean organization to my mailing list and sent them books, as the Lord provided.

The organization that made this request was Mission World Library in Seoul, South Korea. My contact, An Sam Kang, describes the mission as a family focused ministry with the goal of restoring family worship, challenging fathers to be spiritual leaders in their homes, and encouraging unity between Christian families and the local church. Mission World Library has been accomplishing these goals by translating, publishing and supplying families with Bible study material for use in personal and family worship times.

An Sam Kang emailed me a few years ago asking permission to translate my Bible commentaries for use in their ministry. They
felt the commentaries would be useful in accomplishing their goals.

I devoted the next two years to finishing the remaining books in the Bible commentary series and preparing them for translation. In Korea, six translators began the task of translating. Within two year the 27 volume hard cover Bible commentary series was completed, covering every book in the Bible. The books are known in Korea as the Compass Bible Commentaries.

Mission World Library has been selling these Bible commentaries to Christian families and encouraging the men of these household to use them as guides in their family worship
each evening. They are also introducing the series to church leaders to encourage their congregations to use the commentaries in their personal study of the Word. In the past three years over 70,000 copies of these books have been distributed to Korean speaking belIevers.

An Sam Kang shared with me some testimonies he has received from those who have been using the books:

"When I was introduced to the Compass Bible Commentary, at first I thought it is great material to use for our Bible study group. Indeed, it has helped our group and myself to meditate on the Word of God and to share what God has given us to know Him as our Lord." - Sun Won Choi

"Through this commentary I have been able to experience the Word of God in my daily life. I use this to teach my congregation during the Sunday Bible schools." - Rev. Young Bok Ahn

"I read the Compass Bible Commentary with my two children on a daily basis, and I hope my children continue to have this time of quiet when they get married and have their own children as a beautiful legacy of family." - Yun Jung Soo

Mission World Library has committed themselves to paying a 2.5% royalty on all books sold to support my translation and distribution ministry. This year all $11,500 in royalties will be invested in new translations in Pakistan, Myanmar, Latin America, Tanzania, Zambia and India.

What began as a response to a simple email request a few years ago has now blossomed into a partnership that is reaching not only Koreans with the Word of God but people of other nations as well. I recognize the hand of the Lord in this and give Him all the glory.

HOW TO PRAY

Praise:
* For the privilege of ministering to Korean speaking believers through the written word.

* For the hard work of Korean translators and publishers who are committed to the Lord and blessing the Christian family.

* For the 70,000 Bible commentary books that are now in the hands of Koreans and are tools our Lord can use to strengthen and encourage His people.

Prayer:
* Pray that the Lord would be pleased to use the Compass Bible Commentary series for His glory in Korea.

* Pray for the families who have been using these commentaries in their family worship. Ask the Lord to speak through them, strengthening, encouraging and comforting His people.

* For ongoing wisdom for the publishers and distributors as they seek the Lord's purpose for this 27 volume Korean Bible commentary series.

MONTHLY EBOOK
I have been offering Ezra, Nehemiah and Esther on my website as a free PDF download. Some recent promotion of this ebook has meant that it is still being downloaded. As a result, I will leave it up until March to enable those who want a copy to download it. If you haven't received your free copy you can do so at:

http://www.ltmp.ca/ministry/free-download.htm

About 75 people have taken advantage of this offer to date. Pray that the Lord would bless it in their lives. I will have another book ready for March.

Thanks again for your prayers and support.

God bless


F. Wayne Mac Leod

LIGHT TO MY PATH BOOK DISTRIBUTION
153 Atlantic Street,
Sydney Mines, NS CANADA B1V 1Y5
WEBSITE: http://www.ltmp.ca
BOOK STORE: http://www.ltmp.ca/store


Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network